• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Festivals, holidays, and events oh my!

Kaiaa

Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
3954-2752-4988
Dark Easter Egg
Chao Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Nightmare Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Blue Balloon
Green Balloon
Toy Hammer
Isabelle
What festivals/holidays/events would you like to see and what festivals/holidays/events would you create if we are able to do so and why?

Would you add changes to certain events?

I want new holiday events like Easter, Halloween and Thanksgiving day. Maybe smaller events like St. Patrick's Day and Labour Day.

And for Christmas and New Year's to be added more features and just made into a super huge event!

Maybe we could have a Founder's Day (the date when you first play the game) and it would celebrate the day when the village is discovered and made. And possibly a super huge event to celebrate the mayor's (player) birthday.

What about an Earth Day? You could get special trees on this day to plant for extra "points" to help you get a perfect town!

It would be cool if they had festivals for the first day of each season. Like maybe on the first day of winter, there could be a snowman contest between you and the villagers, and maybe on the first day of summer a swimming contest (depending on how exactly this swimming shenanigans works in the game!)

It would be cool if they had festivals for the first day of each season. Like maybe on the first day of winter, there could be a snowman contest between you and the villagers, and maybe on the first day of summer a swimming contest (depending on how exactly this swimming shenanigans works in the game!)

I could see those as good additions to the game. I like making snowmen but it would be neat if your neighbors could make them too. I also quite like the swimming contest idea for the summer.

I want new holiday events like Easter, Halloween and Thanksgiving day. Maybe smaller events like St. Patrick's Day and Labour Day.

And for Christmas and New Year's to be added more features and just made into a super huge event!

Maybe we could have a Founder's Day (the date when you first play the game) and it would celebrate the day when the village is discovered and made. And possibly a super huge event to celebrate the mayor's (player) birthday.

this is actually the best thing.

I don't know if Nintendo can fit a bunch of events in a little game cartridge, considering that they didn't have many events in AC:WW because of the tiny game cartridge..

Yes, it would be silly to have a ton of holidays but I'm sure that holidays wouldn't be neglected in the 3DS version like they were in the DS version. 3DS cards can go from 2 to I think 8GB of storage.

@Ryan: what Kaiaa said, there's much more space on the 3DS cartridge than in the DS, so they can have more events in the 3DS version than the DS version

I want holidays that have minigames like racing (running or swimming), snowball fights, and tag.

It would be AWESOME to be able to interact with your neighbors with a game of tag or a snowball to the face lol I think they should bring the sports festival back and let you participate in its games (ball toss, racing, etc.)

You know, I would like for all of the holidays to return, but for things like Christmas, Easter, Earth Day, Halloween, and you and villager's birthdays to be a little more active in the town. For Christmas you should be able to carol. For Halloween you should be able to trick-or-treat for candy and still buy candy. You should also be able to have crazy accessories like a gauntlet, shoulder-pads, wings, horns, design your own hair and anything that I just listed as well. That Founder's Day idea was pretty good. Look, I am actually in-contact with Nintendo, if you want I can email them some of the ideas, but please reply my messages to make it easier for me.

Xeno,
That would be great if you would contact Nintendo about festivals and events. Be sure to give them the ideas of snowball fights, tag, and racing too!

As for Halloween, I think that the clothing stores should have rare "scary" clothing if you wanted to dress up. Maybe a costume part/contest?

a costume contest would be great. I think Animal Crossing already has enough costumes that work for halloween though. There's a pretty huge list of matching clothing sets. I remember every Halloween I dressed up with a poncho and sombrero.

I think Independence Day (july 4th) needs to be enhanced in the 3DS like a fireworks stand that shows up on Independence Day and you can buy fireworks that blast up into the air and stuff and have a picnic with your neighbors.

Like "Golden Trees" that never wither when planted and can't be cut down?

Yeah! You'd have to be sure that that is where you wanted the tree though.

But it should be hard to get the fruit, maybe there could be a special task you need to accomplish.

Agreed.

I think Independence Day (july 4th) needs to be enhanced in the 3DS like a fireworks stand that shows up on Independence Day and you can buy fireworks that blast up into the air and stuff and have a picnic with your neighbors.

I love this idea!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they've already confirmed all the Holidays to be returning. And i read places that they said you'll be able to create your own events. I would want them to add birthday parties like the DS version but better!

Back