• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Few random things that have upset me in the game now lol

MajesticMayor

Of Agrestic
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Idk if this upsets you either but here it is. The other day I was gonna buy stitches for 40 mil it was a deal then someone decides too offer too dupe 200 royal crowns too her and that person won. First of all duping is cheating(my opinion) and if your gonna say deal you shouldn't switch deals. And even tho I sell my villagers... trying too quit and just give them away, I dont like how some villagers go for 100 million bells or people dupe crowns now. And the last thing is since I TT I am at winter time... I wish they snow was somewhat deep you know? like it would go up too my legs but thats just me lol

Why the heck are people charging Bells for villagers anyway? It's like the dang slave trade or something. But I do agree, duping is cheating and it's unfair to switch deals, but at the end of the day, it's their villager, they can decide who gets it.

Why the heck are people charging Bells for villagers anyway? It's like the dang slave trade or something. But I do agree, duping is cheating and it's unfair to switch deals, but at the end of the day, it's their villager, they can decide who gets it.
I know but the buyout pric was 40mil in a auction but I guess they wanna switch it at the last second! I mean if I didnt TT ever I wouldnt have the bells I have now so putting the villagers at those prices seem unfair lol

I hate duping and I wish nintendo would patch it, if possible.
Also, YES!! There should be deep snow, it would be soo cute to see the little squirrel villagers popping their heads up.

Last edited:
I can see how that can be a problem. The first problem is with the glitch, the second is with flakey auctioners. I think the first can be fixed, but the second will still usually happen. There will usually always be a rotten apple in the bunch. :x

Deep snow sounds like a neat idea, but it'd be realistic if it made you walk slower and I don't think people would want that.

I feel like with villagers, giving them away for free or trading them sounds a lot better than for duped things. What are you gonna do with all those crowns anyways? Sell them? How boring is that. -.- I think I'd rather have 40 million bells than 200 crowns when I can't even carry anything because I have 'no room'.

You'll get your villager someday. Just be patient and find the right people.

Well, that's just the way things go. If someone offered me 200 royal crowns, I'd totally go for it, too.
And if people are willing to pay absurd amounts of money for their favorite villagers, that's on them. I'm lucky enough that someone gave me Stitches for free, but if they hadn't been so nice, I would definitely consider buying him, no matter the price.

I also don't care one way or the other about item duping, either. It's a great way to get limited-edition items (like the 7-11 set) back into the market, and it doesn't cause anyone any harm, so what's the problem?

Selling villagers is wrong while trading villager for villager is more okay, imo. I realize some people want those bells to, in turn, buy the villagers they're looking for. However, selling and auctioning popular villagers gets out of hand way too quickly, catering to cheaters and the just plain, exceedingly rich. There is an inherent and obvious difference in value between an offer of 500k bells and an offer of 100 million bells. By contrast, there is no inherent difference in value between someone offering Julian and someone offering Frobert. Yes, Julian is more popular, but it's still up to the seller which one is more "valuable" to him or her, so both hypothetical people have a chance to secure the deal.

I just give away my villagers and hope people will pay it forward. Don't really see the need to have a lot of bells anyway. I'd never drop more than 1.2 million bells in a trade--way too time consuming.

Auctioneers should never announce the winner and then change it just because they got a better offer that was late. That seems like a weak character in my opinion.

I am not against animals going for millions of bells. If the demand is there, they're going to sell pretty high. It just bugs me when I see people specifically asking "I want 40 million for so-so". If it's an auction and the starting bid is fairly low, then I don't see what's the problem, the consumers are determining their own price. They could all, theoretically, band together and say "Okay, I'll get this Stitches for dirt cheap and then you can get the next one!"

Last edited:
It just bugs me when I see people specifically asking "I want 40 million for so-so". If it's an auction and the starting bid is fairly low, then I don't see what's the problem, the consumers are determining their own price. They could all, theoretically, band together and say "Okay, I'll get this Stitches for dirt cheap and then you can get the next one!"

Yeah, but it's not like the seller has no say in the final price. They could set a low buyout price and not accept higher offers (which seems like the more realistic scenario to me).

Well, that's just the way things go. If someone offered me 200 royal crowns, I'd totally go for it, too.
And if people are willing to pay absurd amounts of money for their favorite villagers, that's on them. I'm lucky enough that someone gave me Stitches for free, but if they hadn't been so nice, I would definitely consider buying him, no matter the price.

I also don't care one way or the other about item duping, either. It's a great way to get limited-edition items (like the 7-11 set) back into the market, and it doesn't cause anyone any harm, so what's the problem?

Well don't do an auction if your gonna change the deal at the end of it? And duping is cheating and can corrupt save files

Yeah, but it's not like the seller has no say in the final price. They could set a low buyout price and not accept higher offers (which seems like the more realistic scenario to me).

Most auctions won't even have a buyout though, just an end-date.

In all honesty, it can be quite hilarious to watch how villagers are being traded. xP

Last edited:

This (click) is the problem.

Last edited:
I'm confused: Alot of people preach how duping/TT'ing is cheating, but no one even bats an eye at villager trading. But, err... It is just as 'cheat' like as Duping/TT'ing. Maybe asking another towns villager to move isn't, but selling them for millions is. I doubt nintendo intended villagers to be a commodity. ~_~

Last edited:
Nintendo clearly intended for players to exchange villagers. It's an explicit, in-game feature, not an unintentional, hidden exploit that gives certain players an advantage. I agree that selling villagers isn't right, but that's not what "cheating" means.

This (click) is the problem.

but... who cares?
It's a game. The economy will be fine, resources are literally infinite. If you want something badly enough and you don't want to dupe or TT, then you can eventually save up enough to get it, via the Stalk Market, beetle hunting, etc.
Why are people getting all up in arms over a virtual economy that has no impact on our actual lives?

Well don't do an auction if your gonna change the deal at the end of it? And duping is cheating and can corrupt save files

Okay, it was pretty sleazy of the guy to change it after the end of the auction, but the person offered way more than double the highest bid. I can understand the logic behind his/her decision to go with the royal crown duper's offer.

And sure, it's cheating, and there's a very low risk of corrupting your save, but if someone wants to risk it, then let them. why should it matter? I personally don't dupe, because I don't want to risk my save file, but I definitely would be doing it if it weren't for the risk.

Last edited:
but... who cares?
It's a game. The economy will be fine, resources are literally infinite. If you want something badly enough and you don't want to dupe or TT, then you can eventually save up enough to get it, via the Stalk Market, beetle hunting, etc.
Why are people getting all up in arms over a virtual economy that has no impact on our actual lives?

this was just stating my opinion on the game, and I find duping cheating idk how people don't see that as cheating lol

this was just stating my opinion on the game, and I find duping cheating idk how people don't see that as cheating lol

no, i know it's cheating, but there's nothing wrong with cheating in a video game? it's just for fun. why does it matter how anyone else plays their game?

no, i know it's cheating, but there's nothing wrong with cheating in a video game? it's just for fun. why does it matter how anyone else plays their game?

I just don't like the fact people use it as a way too get crazy bells from it and can out bid anyone they want on literally everything.

but... who cares?

Because... it detracts from people's enjoyment of a game, and the point of even playing a game is to enjoy it while doing so? The "it's just a game, it doesn't affect your actual life" argument is so weak. Neither do a lot of things, but I'm sure you still take issue with some of those things and point out when you find them problematic.

I don't have a problem with cheating if it doesn't negatively affect other players in a community, which duping does. We wouldn't have Marshal and Julian consistently selling for 80 million+ bells if the economy weren't so thoroughly broken.

I'm just pointing out why it's crappy to do, I wouldn't say I'm "all up in arms" about it

Last edited:
Back