• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Few random things that have upset me in the game now lol

The debate on telling people how to or how not to play their games is getting tiring. It even turns me off from the Animal Crossing community. Isn't there something else you could be doing?... Like pulling weeds or playing games on the island to help someone get an item they really want?

Haven't you all realized that we are part of the weird Animal Crossing system already?
-We steal fruit and pant it, claim trees as our own and sell the fruit at a cost.
-Capture and desiccate tropical islands.
-Clutter our towns with garbage and sell it at a premium.
-Teach our villagers crappy phrases, chase villagers away, send them bad notes so they leave.
-Buy fake bootleg art.. and when we get the real stuff we celebrate that we finally got a real painting from a thief(Redd)?

Animal Crossing is life on Cheat-mode. What's the point of telling people it upsets you when someone is cheating at cheating?

-edit post. Sorry I needed to vent.

Last edited:
The debate on telling people how to or how not to play their games is getting tiring. It even turns me off from the Animal Crossing community. Isn't there something else you could be doing?... Like pulling weeds or playing games on the island to help someone get an item they really want?

Haven't you all realized that we are part of the weird Animal Crossing system already?
-We steal fruit and pant it, claim trees as our own and sell the fruit at a cost.
-Capture and desiccate tropical islands.
-Clutter our towns with garbage and sell it at a premium.
-Teach our villagers crappy phrases, chase villagers away, send them bad notes so they leave.
-Buy fake bootleg art.. and when we get the real stuff we celebrate that we finally got a real painting from a thief(Redd)?

Animal Crossing is life on Cheat-mode. What's the point of telling people it upsets you when someone is cheating at cheating?

-edit post. Sorry I needed to vent.

Guess you didn't get the point of my message

I don't pretend that I can tell people how to play. I still see it as harmful to the community, and I'm not going to sugarcoat that point of view just because some people would rather not hear it. If people say they disagree with me, I'll respond with my own thoughts elaborating why I have the opinion that I have, because that is what it means to have a discussion. Is there some reason to be posting on a discussion board besides discussing things? :s

Sorry, but I find it ridiculous that someone can't even point out the problems with this fandom without getting chastised for "telling people how to play."

Edit: OP, no, I'm pretty sure they're complaining about me, not you.

Last edited:
Guess you didn't get the point of my message

You're complaining that people are how they've always been. People are greedy. I blame the game, but it's such a great game isn't it? *shrug*

I guess I'm trying to say.. don't sweat the small stuff kid.

I never sell villagers. I have tried, but then I realised it just wasn't worth it. Kyle went for free to someone who kindly gave me some peaches in return. Tank is going for free on the 13th. If it was me asking for the villager, I wouldn't want to pay anywhere near 1mil. I only have a couple mil that I earned myself, taking a long time on the island (I'm bad at the stalk market haha) So I just give them away. It wasn't fair that person switched the deal on you nor was it fair that they were making you pay 40 MILLION. I'm sure if you hung around longer, someone would offer him much cheaper on here. This forum is full of kindhearted generous people.

I'm new to Animal Crossing and I was stunned and - well - a little bit upset when I took my first steps into the communities and realized people were selling their villagers for vast amounts of money. I actually chose this forum over another one because it seemed at least a little bit less mercenary, although I couldn't find anywhere that didn't sell them. That's a complete newbie's perspective for you. My first instinctive reaction was that it was inherently wrong.

Now, having thought about it I can see why people are doing it - it's easy money and everyone needs money in Animal Crossing - but I made a personal decision early on to never take part in it. If a desirable villager moves out of my town I'll find someone who wants it and quietly PM them to come pick it up.

As for duping, well, it's gonna happen. There's never been a game economy that didn't eventually get ruined by duping, as far as I know. Shinies used to be valuable in Pok?mon until the cloners and RNGers got in on it, now you can't even give a shiny pok?mon away unless it's got flawless stats across the board. Maybe "hyper-legit" communities will eventually start popping up in AC like they have in Pok?mon, which would at least give the hardline legit players a fairer marketplace. I'm not holding my breath though.

That auctioneer is cray cray. I'm fine w/ duping but the action he did was just wrong imo...

I agree it's annoying people dupe to get money, but we're never gonna be able to stop them, and it's their game. At the end of the day, it's a virtual economy - it doesn't really matter. It's a game. And, in regards to selling villagers - there are lots of kind people who give them away for free, keep on looking :)

Auctioneers should never announce the winner and then change it just because they got a better offer that was late. That seems like a weak character in my opinion.

Agreed. If you tell someone you accept a deal, then you should follow through. If someone else offers another deal to you, it's too late. You already agreed to the earlier one.

I personally don't believe in the villager buying thing. Trading is fine. So is giving away. Selling just feels kinda slave trade-ish to me.

Saying villager trade is like slave trade is the silliest thing I've ever heard. You aren't affecting the villagers, they'll be happy where ever. Yeah 40 mil is way too high but if you have a favourite villager or whatever, then who cares. it's just the weirdest comparison imo.

Saying villager trade is like slave trade is the silliest thing I've ever heard. You aren't affecting the villagers, they'll be happy where ever. Yeah 40 mil is way too high but if you have a favourite villager or whatever, then who cares. it's just the weirdest comparison imo.

In fact, they're not real :p so I agree with you, it's silly. It's not like they have feelings and are crying every night because they've been sold.

LOL, when I look up "slave trade" on google images I get pics of chains & shackles, boats used to ship slaves, torture devices that were used and so on. People obviously need to do some research if they REALLY think trading villagers in a video game is ANYTHING like that.

Back