• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Finding ACNL

Biggles

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
With most of us waiting for New Leaf for about three years now, what are the odds a you will beable to find it in stores? Do you think there will be long waiting periods? Do you think stores will only get a few in at a time? If you pre order one on like amazon what are the odds they will even be in stock? I don't like the idea of downloading it on the 3ds, because say the 3ds gets wrecked, then you are completely out of a game, right?
Thanks (I'm worried it will take for ever to finally get my hands on a copy)
Mike

I'm not 100% sure how the stores will fare. Hopefully it wont be like Fire Emblem x_x No stores had it, something about not ordering enough. I'm pretty confident that that shouldn't happen, but who knows.

Hmm..

If you break your 3DS, you're not going to be able to play the game even if it is a physical copy. =p

I'm downloading, but I'm sure stores will get enough in stock that they don't go completely out. It's not THAT popular over here.

I mean you can always reserve. Sure it will most likely go out of stock most places that arn't huge retailers. But once the second wave of shipments arrives, I don't think it will be too hard to find.

Hmm..

If you break your 3DS, you're not going to be able to play the game even if it is a physical copy. =p

I'm downloading, but I'm sure stores will get enough in stock that they don't go completely out. It's not THAT popular over here.

I think his reasoning is the same as mine, where you would rather lose one then both. But yeah I think it would be ok.

I don't think there will be problems with stock at retail but if there is, you can always just download it.

As long as Nintendo doesn't think everyone should download like FE:A, we'll be fine.

I think his reasoning is the same as mine, where you would rather lose one then both. But yeah I think it would be ok.

It's not like you can't get the game back.
The save data saves to your SD card, and if your 3DS breaks you can redownload the game when you get it repaired/replaced.

The whole skepticism against downloading is a little silly, IMO.

As long as you put down a pre-order deposit at Gamestop, they should order in enough copies that were placed on reserve, and a few extras. That's what I did, paid off mine and I keep the receipt in my carrying case if something happens when I pick it up. Plus, call ahead that morning to your local store and ask them if they have any copies available for pickup, then have them hold it.

I don't think it will be that hard to find. The 3ds bundle might be a different story, but as for the actual game I think it should be available.

It's not like you can't get the game back.
The save data saves to your SD card, and if your 3DS breaks you can redownload the game when you get it repaired/replaced.

The whole skepticism against downloading is a little silly, IMO.

Oh really? Never knew that. When I was looking around about downloading games I heard that if your system broke or was lost you couldn't redownload the games since there was no "nintendo account" to keep track of your purchases (like psn for instance). But I'm guessing by what you're saying as long as you have the sd card you're set? Oh well I already pre-ordered =P

Oh really? Never knew that. When I was looking around about downloading games I heard that if your system broke or was lost you couldn't redownload the games since there was no "nintendo account" to keep track of your purchases (like psn for instance). But I'm guessing by what you're saying as long as you have the sd card you're set? Oh well I already pre-ordered =P

Also if you have a Club Nintendo account setup and connected to your 3DS Eshop, you'll be able to redownload.

I haven't went to preorder yet, but I'm not worried at all. Stock of a game I want usually isn't a problem. Unless it's Fire Emblem...then it's a problem.

Also if you have a Club Nintendo account setup and connected to your 3DS Eshop, you'll be able to redownload.

0.0 this changes everything... now I don't know what I want to do. Kind of want the box and the physical card... Well since this will be the game I play mainly for awhile I may just go through with the physical copy and transfer the save to a digital later. Sigh I really am at a crossroads now =P thanks tho

What? Since when?

EDIT: I mean, yeah, you can redownload from your current 3DS if you delete it but your Club Nintendo account doesn't give you any redownloading rights. If you break or lose your 3DS and can't do a system transfer, there is no way to redownload without contacting Nintendo support and figuring it out with them.

Thats why you reserve a copy somewhere with a policy. So many people are against pre-orders. I want to make sure I have a copy.

From what i know, the game was very hard to find in Japan at first due to it being popular and understocked. Hopefully that means NOA and NOE will realize this and have enough games manufactured. Then again, with NOA, they seem to be having issues catching up with demand lately (Fire Emblem...), but Animal Crossing is a more popular franchise for them so I'm sure stores will have enough stock.

I pre-ordered my copy months ago and paid in full, and I've still got the receipt, which I intend to bring along when I go to GameStop to pick it up after they open. Though I need to get my 5 dollars back from them, since I preordered before the price drop.

The 3ds bundle might be a different story.

I agree, I fear the bundle will have the same availability as the pikachu 3ds. just in case, I'm saving up for the bundle for when the release date rolls around, I won't be that one nerd without the cool looking 3ds.

Last edited:
I agree, I fear the bundle will have the same availability as the pikachu 3ds. just in case, I'm saving up for the bundle for when the release date rolls around, I won't be that one nerd with the cool looking 3ds.

They will probably keep enough to satisfy pre-orders. I would go for it in advance if I were you.

Back