• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Free instant public works demolition

Jinglefruit

The black-nosed Reindeer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Green Christmas Stocking
Jingle
Jingle Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I've just discovered if you move in a new charater into your town you are able to place them on top of any public works that can be demolished. (excepting bridges and facilites)

Nook alerts you that the public work will be removed - you don't have to be too close to it, it seems. But it saves you the fee and you can then play as your mayor and build a new Public work without having to wait a day for the demolition to happen. =D

Proof pics
HNI_0002.JPG
HNI_0003.JPG
HNI_0004.JPG

EDIT: oh, the last picture I could see through the text bit easier on my screen. @.@ You can see the board is gone though and just make out the tiny dirt patch.

Public works projects are already free to demolish....

You have to pay 10% their buildiing price and wait a day. - haven't done it with anything other than a bridge myself though.

*sniped

I hope that doesn't mean villagers can take out your public works projects..

I'm pretty sure they can't, or we would have heard about it. But they can move a lot closer to projects than we can.

It's not that much of a price though. And I'm lazy so I'll probably just pay the fee, instead of placing houses, removing them and being left with a big ugly house shape of dead grass in my town. :p

Back