• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Gahhh finally caught that blasted coelacanth!

I actually didn't have too much of a problem with trying to get it. Then again, I haven't seen much of it since I caught my first one. I think it all depends on luck.

I caught about 15 sea basses before finally getting the coelacanth. :[
The scorpion also took me a long time to catch.

It was raining in Lylat (FoxWolf64's town), so I went there, and my friend caught TWO coelacanths in a matter of minutes. I eventually got one though. Wasn't too bad.:)

Congrats!
I haven't had any luck getting it myself. I'm far too easily dejected so I stop trying when I end up with a pocketful of sea bass, haha.

I know right?? I feel like whenever it rains, it stops right at 4pm. *pulls hair out*

THIS.

I can never seem to play during the nights that it rains. Sometimes it won't rain all day and I won't play that night but I'll have gyroids in the morning so I'm all mad cause it probably rained that night and I could have caught one!

So, as you can see, I still haven't caught one -.-

In my town today, it down poured. I spent two hours fishing, and I was close, but I kept catching rays, Morray Eels, Merlins and salmons. More bells for me : P

Congratulations!!
I haven't seen another one since I caught the first one, it was raining in my town today but didnt catch much at all.

I got lucky and caught one within the first 2 days of owning the game. Buuuuuut my pocket was full and when I picked a sea bass to swap it with, I accidentally hit "Quit" and off it went, swimming into the rain. But 2 or 3 days after that I caught another to donate and have never seen another since!

yay! glad you finally caught one.

i caught one pretty quickly compared to Wild World. it took
what seemed like forever to catch one in WW. i was actually
a little disappointed that i caught it so quickly. it would have
been more exciting to finally catch one after trying for a long
time, you know?

i've only ever caught one, though...

It rains like every other day in my town, so I managed to find a few. I just recently managed to find them, though.

It rained a lot in June and I had no trouble finding them.
I have had rain for the last three days so I think rain might be returning for September. I hope so. I love rain.

Back