• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Good o'l Boston...

xSuperMario64x

I am a Bug, please be gentle 🪲💜
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Planet Glow Wand
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
A year ago today, a fateful thing happened to me... my original town, Boston, was destroyed. The save file had corrupted, and it had to be deleted. It took me 3 days to cope with the loss and start a new town, but it took me even longer to warm up to the new town.

If you want to read the *really* long post I made about it a month after it happened, click on the drop-down box:

Well, the original Boston is gone... forever...

Hello. I am so glad you have come to read my profile and see how my summer has been. Because right now, in the world of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, it's not so good...

On July 25, 2015, my town, Boston, corrupted. I got on my game that day, and it kept giving me an error, stating ¨The save file is corrupted and will be deleted¨. I struggled to find a way to keep from deleting my precious town, but there was no way around it. The funny thing is, I did nothing to cause it. It just happened one day. But, fate is fate, I suppose. I just wish it didn't hurt so bad sometimes...

So the next day, I made a new town, under the same name (Boston), but with a little black star on the end of it (who the hell knows why I did that...). My character's name is the same (Daniel).

It seems like peaches and cream, to start out fresh, with a new town and new neighbors and a new house and new town design, right? Not really. You see, when someone spends enough time with something they love, they grow really attached to it, and never want to let go. I had 450+ hours logged in my town. I devoted almost 75% of my summer last year to working on the town, making it nice should a visitor ever come along. I had quite a few villagers there that I loved, including Agent S., Timbra, Ozzie, Samson, Dora, Zucker... aw, who am I kidding? I loved each and every one of them! It almost brings a tear to my eye, think about all of those things that I worked so hard for, gone. But, I suppose it's unhealthy to become overly attached to material things, and, surprisingly, I got over it really fast. However, deep in my heart, I still truly care about that good 'ol town of Boston, and I have a feeling that I will never truly be able to let go of that.

Ever since that fateful day, I have pretty much lost complete interest in AC:NL. I have no desire to start over. To spend all of that time laying down paths, to plant flowers and trees, to set up PWP's, to make my town nice. Right now, it is nearly infested with weeds and dead flowers. Almost a representation of how I feel about this new town, which, to be honest, makes me feel really uncomfortable...

I do not currently have the Dream Suite, but as soon as it opens in my town, I will be sure to let you guys know what my new Dream Address is (if you even want to look at my displeasing new town).

Hope you had a better summer in AC:NL than I did... :'(

~xSuperMario64x
August 29, 2015

I was devastated when it happened. As I had mentioned in the post, I had 449 hours on the town, and I had spent most of the summer of 2014 working on it. To this date, I believe it is the best town that I have ever made. I am still upset about it, but not nearly as much.

I started progress with my new town sometime in November or December of 2015, and started to get serious about it earlier this year. Now, since I started to use TBT more often, and I have been working hard on my new town, it is almost complete. I am still missing the police station, and a lot of flowers, but other than that, the town is pretty much done.

But I still miss the old Boston... all my friends, like Timbra and Ozzie, are still there. My "mayoral square" and my park are still there. However, after I had opened up the Dream Suite in my new town, I found that I could visit my old town via Dream Address. I go there to reflect for a while, but not mourn...
In my new town, even though the layout isn't quite as nice, I have even more of what I wanted... all my dream villagers are/will be living there, I have all the hybrid flowers, and I feel like I've made more progress in a short amount of time than I made in a large amount of time.

If you have ever lost a town, don't mourn over it. Instead, start fresh, and, once you open the Dream Suite, take some time to reflect... it can do wonders. :)

My original DA is 4100-4220-6212
My new DA is 5900-6256-9624

Back