• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Google Hangout Live Stream on June 9th?

JrdnWlk

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if this idea has been tossed around already, so sorry in advanced if this is an old idea. What I thought would be cool is, if some of us got together on June 9th and did some sort of live stream of our first experiences with the game. My original idea was try and go some sort of fundraiser for like WWF or something, where friends and I.. Or just "I".. play a good bit of each of the previous AC games until New Leaf is released (I have the Japanese N64 AC). That idea fell through because I couldn't figure out the whole donation thing, and it would probably be too complicated for me anyways (Also I don't have friends lol). I know a lot of AC, to begin with at least, is exploring the game to see all the new features and whatnot, but it's an idea. But yeah.. Give me some feedback yoooooo.
Thanks!:D:D:D:D

I wouldn't take part. I plan on enjoying the game all by myself for quite a while before doing anything with other people, and won't be recording myself ever.

That and I probably won't have the game for a few days since I'll probably be ordering it off Amazon, along with the guide. My fear of driving is greater than my desire to play this game. xD

Ummm I think someone already made a similar thread to this; I'm not able to find it but the idea was similar in which they recorded their first part of gameplay and shared it with others. Not sure who made the thread either

I would like to come to the town when it comes out! I am looking forward to making friends to visit with.

Depends on the time...I will be downloading at midnight and recording a short video, then getting a few mayor points and sleep til 9am.

It would be a better plan if you had joined this forum a lot earlier and had already established connections with other users of this forum.
You may very well have to post a lot more around if you have much hope of many of us being very interested, let alone donating money to you if that is what you intend to do.

As i said, the donation thing isn't going to happen. I don't know, I think everyone kind of agrees that they want to play by themselves for a while then play with others. Still I think it would be cool to record/live stream my own experience, and people could watch as they play or something. I DUNNO. Just a thought.

I think it sounds like a nice idea. I don't see why people are so against donating a little to a charity, as long as its legit. WWF is one of my favourite charities. Its nice that you wanted to raise some money for them. I would participate if you went ahead with the idea. :)

I wouldn't donate because I don't donate to people just because they're playing games and say they're doing it for a charity. When it's something big, well organized, and advertised for a while in advance maybe, but not if it's just some random person who pops into a forum and joins only to post their idea. I've heard of a few harity gaming things over the handful of years I've been online. And most of them played games that were well known and popular, like one plays Mario games. A game like Animal Crossing isn't interesting or exciting enough to get the attention of anyone other than the random curious party or hardcore AC fans. If you want to play games for charity, you should probably look up how it's done.

Here's a site that does this sort of thing with Mario Games and the link is their how-to guide: http://www.mariomarathon.com/howto.html

Sorry, but I don't trust people who randomly ask for donations 'for charity' out of nowhere and don't at least try to look serious and professional.

I never asked anyone to donate anything. As I have stated several times, it's just an idea. At this point it is obviously not going to work. I am well aware of how its charity live streams are done. I realize a game like Animal Crossing doesn't have the biggest fan base, and viewers of such stream would be few and far between. I know I can't really prove my authenticity, but I would never scam anyone. If something were to happen, it would be 100% legit, through the foundation, blah blah blah. Again, just an idea. THANKS 4 UR inpuT THOough <33

yeah idk why there were so many negative replies but I would!

I think it could be a fun idea. If all else just to experience the game with other people. If I have time I would be interested in joining. :)

Also, if you are interested in the donating idea, maybe ask people to donate straight to WWF or whichever organization you decide to support. :) Then, maybe people wont be iffy on giving money to somebody they don't know for charity and you still help! I've participated in a blogathon that was ran like that. If you want to keep track of donations, just ask people to leave you a note of how much they gave, etc. :) I think it's wonderful you want to help!

Back