• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Grass day?

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
Well this sounds like a strange little event...

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...ur-calendar/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=ONM-General-RSS

I guess it might mean that the grass in town grows? So it might actually get a little bit taller over the summer months and you have to cut it back..

I'm just glad that there's going to be more holidays in this game, I've only played wild world and it has hardly any. I've seen all the vids on youtube and I can't wait to get involved in halloween, christmas eve etc. I also hope they bring back the sports fair and morning aerobics!

That does sound interesting.
And by the way, the sports fair and morning aerobics were nothing really fun, it was something that lasted for a bit, but you couldn't really look at it for all the time, I think a lot of people make it sound better than it really is just because of that "Nostalgic Feeling".

It's quite interesting... and confusing? Maybe we get to make Animal Paths easier, don't hope so :O
Btw, the Nintendo Direct of Animal Crossing has 829, 728 views! I wonder what Nintendo thinks of this, I mean the video is about 47 minutes, that's huge! Soo many fans, incredible!

And by the way, the sports fair and morning aerobics were nothing really fun, it was something that lasted for a bit, but you couldn't really look at it for all the time, I think a lot of people make it sound better than it really is just because of that "Nostalgic Feeling".

Aww that's a shame. People do make it sound great, I just thought it looked really cute, and since early morning is my favourite time to play, it kinda fitted in well. But I guess once you've done it one year, it would get quite irritating (like the damn acorn festival in wild world ><)

I think it sounds pretty fun, I wonder what the rare items are..
I really liked the sports fair! Little events like that made the gamecube version so much better than the others in my opinion.

I watched it like 200 times probably. =P
On that site from the link in the first post, it says you cut up all your grass for rare items, and my guess would be the falling leaves are meant to fall and replace the grass for Autumn, I am just glad there is a neat holiday like this and in September, that's really neat.

Aww that's a shame. People do make it sound great, I just thought it looked really cute, and since early morning is my favourite time to play, it kinda fitted in well. But I guess once you've done it one year, it would get quite irritating (like the damn acorn festival in wild world ><)
Like it's fun for 10 to 15 minutes but then you just get bored watching/talking to the animals, the foot race in the sports fair I guess is an exception though, cause it can be endless fun talking to the animal you want to lose so your favorite animal wins, but even then it only adds to the game, it's not like Halloween or Christmas which last for a while.

I watched it like 200 times probably. =P
On that site from the link in the first post, it says you cut up all your grass for rare items, and my guess would be the falling leaves are meant to fall and replace the grass for Autumn, I am just glad there is a neat holiday like this and in September, that's really neat.

Ooh that would be cool. It would be nice to see leaves on the ground to be honest. September is quite a lonely month for events.. so this one will make it a little bit more interesting and it'll definitely get me ready for Autumn :D

No, I REALLY enjoyed them! :D
I got up every morning just to take part in the morning aerobics. And I was so glad when I finally got my radio and was able to do them in my own house. It looks so cute and in the beginning, it's quite hard to follow their moves.

But you're right, the sports fair is something that gets a bit boring because you can only watch it. It's funny and cute as well, but only for the first time.

So how do we cut the grass?? A special tool would be the most logical like a scythe, but only for one day??

"On this day, players with a garden shop will be able to cut all the grass in their town and expect to earn rare items."
This sounds like the garden shop is optional, another community project?

but nonetheless I like that there is a new holiday :) I hope for many new though..
Is there something like "Grass Day" IRL?

So how do we cut the grass?? A special tool would be the most logical like a scythe, but only for one day??

"On this day, players with a garden shop will be able to cut all the grass in their town and expect to earn rare items."
This sounds like the garden shop is optional, another community project?

but nonetheless I like that there is a new holiday :) I hope for many new though..
Is there something like "Grass Day" IRL?

If the garden shop is optional then that really makes each town unique because maybe there are specific events that only take place if you have a certain shop.... So we won't all have the same events, that's quite cool :D

maybe you have some kind of grass cutting race with the animals? Like, the sloth lends out scyths/ lawnmowers watever and you have to collect as much grass as poss.
idk :(

I think this event sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to how it plays out. I like these little random events, it reminds me of the fun little events they had in ACGC. :)

I wonder what the grass will look like on Grass Day? Will it be like a bunch of weeds?

maybe you have some kind of grass cutting race with the animals?
I have to laugh. It sounds like the animals eat the gras like cows and the goal is who is faster: you with a sickel or the animals with their mouth ^---^

Okay, but the day sounds really interesting ^~^ I think you become a sickel or something like that and than you have to cut the grass. Maybe the villagers also "eat" grass.

Yes a lot of fans want the sports fair and aerobics back for that "Nostalgic Feeling" but we don't want it back as it is. Most of us who want it back want to be able to participate instead of watching the animals have all the fun. They could do so much with the sports fair and make it really fun.

Grass day sounds interesting...I don't exactly get it though, does grass grow faster?

Grass day sounds interesting...I don't exactly get it though, does grass grow faster?

My guess is on Grass Day, we'll wake up to find the grass has grown like, a lot. And we have to cut it... I don't know, that's just what I think anyway.

This actually sounds like it could be pretty fun, depending on the execution. Maybe we'll have to make use of the Animal Tracks feature and have to wear the grass down to length? Although, lawn mower or sickle sounds much more likely.
It is weird that I kind of want to keep my grass long in some places though?

Maybe they just hand out the equipment when you talk to the host of the event, and you get to borrow it for the day? :) I can't watch the video--it's blocked here at work, but I can't wait to see it at home :D Unless it's on Youtube somewhere? I could watch it there...

I thought it was Weed (Picking) Day? Not Grass Day...
That makes more sense.... But it also sounds like a lot less fun.... (If my town has too many weeds, I'm usually tempted to just start a new one, rather than pull all the weeds)
But I suppose we get rare items out of it, which is always a good thing.

Back