• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Grass Decay?

AnimalCrossingcool

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Pokéball
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Anyone knows if in the Japanese version if there is grass decay? Hope there isn't...

Yes I know I've been gone for a long time. Had a crap ton of school to do and right now on break. Not for long...

Thanks! So my grass won't become dirt in a year? :)
It will start showing sign of dying in less than a year but you it grow back faster, like a week or two I think. You can use flowers and rain, I think. Also animals help cause the grass to die this time.

I'm only going off what I've heard so don't set anything I say in stone.

I never really found grass decay a problem but hopefully the grass won't disappear as easy in NL.

Dose anyone know what the point of Animal Tracks are? I see no point to them. Why is it in the game?!

To be more realistic? Really? I don't see dirt patches showing up all hell over in my backyard, yet we use it constantly everyday to play sports and whatnot..

I don't see dirt patches showing up on the school track/football field, yet people run on it every single say.. LOTS of people.

I don't see dirt patches on the soccer field..

I don't see how Nintendo justifies this as realistic.. It's annoying AF

To be more realistic? Really? I don't see dirt patches showing up all hell over in my backyard, yet we use it constantly everyday to play sports and whatnot..

I don't see dirt patches showing up on the school track/football field, yet people run on it every single say.. LOTS of people.

I don't see dirt patches on the soccer field..

I don't see how Nintendo justifies this as realistic.. It's annoying AF

Yard
- same exact place? every single time? walk paces on the same path for days and you will see a change.

Anywhere in school
- you know you have a groundskeeper/gardener at school right?

Well I have no problem with the grass decay now. If I can just go forward a few days to get it back, I'm all for it. I wish they'd get rid of it, or at least the animals contributing to it, but meh.

lol @ a few days. it takes a while to get it ALL back.

You can also buy some sort of fertilizer item when your store expands to the maximum size. I hear this speeds up the regrowth process a lot. The combination of the slow deterioration, fast regrowth and boost makes the animal tracks SIGNIFICANTLY less problematic.
Rumour has it that there will also be a day when you can get an item from the garden shop that's basically the equivalent of a lawnmower. With established paths, it's a lot easier to stick to the roads and not turn your entire town into a desert. That said, there haven't been any towns reported to have major desertification the way City Folk had. I've been keeping an eye open and it seems as though they really balanced it to the point where its harder to keep paths than it is to keep grass. Hence the lawnmower-effect item.

You can also buy some sort of fertilizer item when your store expands to the maximum size. I hear this speeds up the regrowth process a lot. The combination of the slow deterioration, fast regrowth and boost makes the animal tracks SIGNIFICANTLY less problematic.
Rumour has it that there will also be a day when you can get an item from the garden shop that's basically the equivalent of a lawnmower. With established paths, it's a lot easier to stick to the roads and not turn your entire town into a desert. That said, there haven't been any towns reported to have major desertification the way City Folk had. I've been keeping an eye open and it seems as though they really balanced it to the point where its harder to keep paths than it is to keep grass. Hence the lawnmower-effect item.

Fertiliser does not help grass growth and the lawnmower thing isn't true. Sorry xD

What does the fertilizer do then? I figured it grows grass.

EDIT: nvm, just read that it nourishes flowers/fruit trees.

Last edited:
Back