• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Grass Decay?

Yard
- same exact place? every single time? walk paces on the same path for days and you will see a change.

Anywhere in school
- you know you have a groundskeeper/gardener at school right?
Nope, lol. I run back and forth hundreds of times a few times a week on the same line near the cemented area when I'm too lazy to go to the field to run. And it hasn't frayed a bit.

Definitely nothing like this: FPHDG41GP6ZMBJC.LARGE.jpg

It does happen. At the college I went to there were all sorts of dirt paths, short cuts students took because the sidewalks got busy between classes and such. The same thing happens in the woods- if you walk the same path enough, you get a trail.

Why are we even arguing about this? The game has animal tracks. In ACCF the grass wore out way too fast- now in NL: it is much more realistic. In my own town, only high traffic flow areas are showing signs of wear.

well ive lived in my house for about 7 years and i have 3 cats and a long garden and on either side my cats have made paths which they follow to get from the bottom of the garden to the top. kinda weird but yeah theres an example.

Realistic or not it kinda sucks. Why don't they have cancer and aids in the game too. It'd be more realistic, right?

Yes my example is a little extreme but i'm being snarky. Point is, a lot of people really don't like the feature. Feels like an annoying handicap.

Last edited:
I personally like having roads in my town. The in-game dirt paths look a lot nicer than any pattern path I've ever seen. It looks really good in my town but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Skitty: I agree. I really like the look of the animal tracks. In fact: I make a point every time I play of running around on the path I laid down to speed up the time it will take for the paths to develop.

HA! REAL animal tracks! ;)

well ive lived in my house for about 7 years and i have 3 cats and a long garden and on either side my cats have made paths which they follow to get from the bottom of the garden to the top. kinda weird but yeah theres an example.

Also, according to my playthroughs, I noticed that whenever it rains/snows, it restores the grass/snow much much faster than it did on ACCF. For an average player, it will be significantly difficult to have a town overrun with dirt almost everywhere.

Animal tracks never bothered me in the slightest. I didn't even know it was a thing until I went to one of my friend's towns and he had big dirt spots and even then it wasn't that bad. I suppose it's because I never run.

It's good that it's slowed down since it somehow presented such a problem for everyone else. I might make some nice paths in my town this time around.

Back