• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Guide Book

The moment I find a guide book for this game, I'm buying it. I've had a guide book for every single game in the series. Sadly my Population Growing guide is still MIA. I have a guide for City Folk and I don't even OWN that game!

I like the pretty pictures. That's why I usually get strategy guides. xD Plus I need a good source for information for if my internet is ever down! I'd be playing my game and have no references! D:

No. Cuz **** all y'all. JK.

There should be several when the game is near release. Possibly by the same makers from the last game. Though, I have always found US/EU guides quite lacking compared to JP guides. :/

Though, I have always found US/EU guides quite lacking compared to JP guides. :/

I highly doubt we'll get a guide set or even a set at all that compares to the Japanese ones you got.

Besides if we all had guides what would be the point of coming here? :p

No. Cuz **** all y'all. JK.

There should be several when the game is near release. Possibly by the same makers from the last game. Though, I have always found US/EU guides quite lacking compared to JP guides. :/

That's pretty much always true. I stopped buying US guides years ago because they tend to either be incomplete or just flat out wrong sometimes. You're better off using GameFAQs + wikis if you don't buy the JP guide.

I will just as a reference if I ever get stuck. Everyone who has been saying NA guides are lacking, you all are right. The only guide I have ever had that didn't feel like a waste of money was the Pokemon guide.

I mainly just buy the guides for the images. I never see online guides that have images of all the items I'm trying to look up.

I mainly just buy the guides for the images. I never see online guides that have images of all the items I'm trying to look up.
Yeah every online guide I have ever had has had no pictures. It can become a bit of a nuisance.

It's especially troublesome when my brain mixes items up, like the plants.

I almost always have the guide out when I'm playing one of the games with the villagers. Especially the game where they say item names and princes and ask you to buy them. Or if they're asking you to sell them one of the items in your pockets. I always look up which item it is and how much it costs. I usually refuse them if it's worth a lot and they're trying to buy it for cheap!

That's another reason I want the book too. I love books. It's a quick and easy reference and it looks nice in a bookshelf.

xD I'm a nerd.

I am already disappointed knowing that we won't get as huge of a guide book as any of the Japanese ones. If we get anything bigger than the previous AC guides I'll be happy though. Fingers crossed.

I'm wishing that the guide the US gets is just as grand as the one the Japanese got, but I know that's unlikely. As long as it has the same content as Prima's guide (updated for New Leaf of course) plus pictures of all possible remakes and a complete section on looks, I'll be happy.

I'm wishing they'd put the same amount of information and detail in the NA guides that the Japanese ones have. Either way though, I definitely plan to get one. I've gotten a guide for WW & CF, and they were both pretty helpful, even if they were lacking.
I'm planning to get a Japanese New Leaf guide book even though I can't read Japanese. The amount of stuff in those huge guides make it worth it!

I'm wishing they'd put the same amount of information and detail in the NA guides that the Japanese ones have. Either way though, I definitely plan to get one. I've gotten a guide for WW & CF, and they were both pretty helpful, even if they were lacking.
I'm planning to get a Japanese New Leaf guide book even though I can't read Japanese. The amount of stuff in those huge guides make it worth it!

I recommend the Nintendo official guide due to the sheer amount of pictures.

I might. But with the quantity of information on the game online, why would I waste my money on one?

Because it has pretty colorful pictures and won't go away if your internet or your electricity goes out. :3 That's why I get them.

Back