• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Guide Book

There's nothing like have a book in your hands!

I must completely agree with this. I adore books (though perhaps not textbooks).

I certainly hope that there's a NA release of the guide book. Then I can add it to my shelf of miscellaneous Pokemon and AC:WW guides. I'm a bit of a completionist, and the game just won't feel complete without the matching guide.

Still, I'm sure that New Leaf will be perfect, even without a guide!

Cheers,
~ Marie

Same here. I've bought every guide for AC:WW that I could get my hands on, same with Pokemon.
Even if they don't release THE guide, they will hopefully realease at least A guide. I honestly don't care at this point what kind of guide, I just want one lol

so pretty much there is only going to be the prima guide book released in north america. I have not played an animal crossing since the game cube, and I did not get a guide for it.

I have been looking up and it used to be one nintendo and one prima , but now it looks like the prima is the offical one now ( even with the errors ). Also its not even close to as good as the japan ones ?. Sorry for so many questions like i said im new to buying guide books for this.

Also i have emailed , and messaged prima on every thing they got, to find out if its going to be a physical one , or one of there new e guide stupid ones , if there even doing it at all

Prima is one and bradygames is other seen in us stores, not sure if bradygames will also make a guide. might send them an e-mail to ask. From what I have seen about 90% of Nintendo games guides are from Prima (though that could hae been just the ones that the store had).

The CF guide I have is quite incomplete. NOTHING about crossbreeding flowers, rafflesias, + some other stuff i forgot to mention.

ya i messaged brady they said no, they have no plans to make one. i have sen prima messages on facebook ,twitter and so far no messages back. I know nintendo did there own for awhile threw nintendo power, then they stoped awhile ago, i know cityfolk prima s was the offical nintendo one, so i think it might be again. prima has just been doing online ones only for a few games and i hope new leaf is not one of them or we might not be able to get any guide.

i have noticed that 2 of the japanese guides are available on amazon us , threw sellers just look up :
Strategy Guide - Tobidase Doubutsu no mori (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) Nintendo Official Guidebook (BOOK) [Japanese Edition] [Tankobon Hardcover] ,

Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing : New Leaf) Perfect Guidebook (Nintendo 3DS Game Book) [Japanese Edition] (Animal crossing) [Tankobon Softcover]

Tobidase Doubutsu no mori (Animal Crossing : New Leaf) Super Complete Catalog Nintendo 3DS Game Guide Book [Japanese Edition] [Tankobon Softcover]

there all listed at 29.99 each but there not from amazon its threw people selling them threw the site

I'm really quite tempted to buy one of the Japanese guide books after reading what others had to say about the American ones being incomplete. I'd only use it for the catalog of course, since I'm unable to read Japanese, but I do have a few friends that are knowledgeable enough in the language to translate something if needed. perhaps I'll look around to see what Korea has gotten thus far.

Fingers crossed for those to still be in stock around June! The only thing holding me back is that NoA will definitely be adding/removing certain things from the original game; whether it be items, holidays, or even nieghbours, we won't know until the release. I'm hoping there aren't too many drastic changes.

I was in an Animal Crossing mood the other day and on an impulse buy I ordered the official Nintendo guide for New Leaf from Amazon (US). It is from a third party seller through them, but it looked to have the best price compared to ordering from Amazon (JP). I am waaayyy too obsessed with this game, and I haven't even played it yet. I just want the pictures. My middle son is learning Kanji (? Japanese writing?) for his anime hobby so I justified the purchase by telling my husband the book was really for him. I'm a bad wife...

Last edited:
Still kind of early to see info on the guidebook. I'm hoping to see something on Amazon in late April or early May.

I REALLY wish it was something that we could get two/three weeks before the game so that I could pour over it:D but it will most likely come out same day.

Still kind of early to see info on the guidebook. I'm hoping to see something on Amazon in late April or early May.

I REALLY wish it was something that we could get two/three weeks before the game so that I could pour over it:D but it will most likely come out same day.

I don't really keep track of how guide releasing works...but I'm sure that might be a possibility. To either have it release a week before the game, the day of or before release, or a week or so later.

I remember I bought the ones for WW and CF just so I could go in and check off the animals I'd like to have and the furniture/clothing items I'd want to keep an eye out for. :3

I didn't have a guide book for any of the AC's and I'm not sure if I will or will not get one for NL.

I'm dying for a guidebook comparable to what has been released in Japan. If not, several of the guides seem easy to understand without being fluent. I'll probably buy one from Japan if we don't get a good one.

I just want a guide so that I can see pretty pictures and stuff. I've owned a guide for each game. Population Growing's guide went MIA, and I still don't know where it went. I don't even have City Folk but I bought the guide!

I use it for rp and research purposes. I like to know items, insects, and villager stuff. I know I can find this information online, but I can't guarantee that I'll get pictures, and I can't guarantee I'll want to turn on my computer and hunt around.

Though I would love to have guides like they do in Japan, I doubt we'll ever have them in America. I'm not sure why myself, but guidebooks are viewed as stupid by most people I know. Just one more reason I'm weird. :p

Back