Guide: Designing Your Town

Hello again guys, a hesitating user here.

The thing is, I'm considering restarting due to my town layout. When I started I didn't think it through, and it's kind of cramped now. The location of the Roost and the Police Station is not convenient, and the campsite could be in a better spot. I just wanted to show you guys my map and ask you what do you think of it, because I'm having trouble fitting the PWPs.

I don't want to restart though, because I know it's going to be tough finding someone patient enough to hold 5 dreamies and a bunch of sets.

Anyways, here's my map.

Ignore the third villager house, that's my plot resetting character.

The house near the train station is Julian's (it's a pain that he's there, but I couldn't plot reset the day he moved in).
View attachment 178597

I don't think it's necessary to restart your town. I think you can work with this map, even though the cafe and police station are really close together (just pretend Booker really likes coffee). With a bunch of landscaping to fill any empty space, and a path leading you around the town, I think it could still look great :3

I don't think it's necessary to restart your town. I think you can work with this map, even though the cafe and police station are really close together (just pretend Booker really likes coffee). With a bunch of landscaping to fill any empty space, and a path leading you around the town, I think it could still look great :3

Thanks! I'll try my best to do so, and yes, I hate the placement of the police station.

Thanks! I'll try my best to do so, and yes, I hate the placement of the police station.

I also placed things rather thoughtlessly and don't want to restart. I think working around it is just fine.

With empty spaces you can design gardens and more elaborate public spaces with multiple pwp and plants.

This guide actually lowkey makes me want to reset. Or get a new cart. The latter probably isn't happening tho...

This guide actually lowkey makes me want to reset. Or get a new cart. The latter probably isn't happening tho...

Well you can if you want to, but there's no need to c: You can always work with the town you've got. I chose never to reset because I'm obsessed with getting all the badges lol I would die if I reset (I'm 3 badges away form having them all).

Hello again guys, a hesitating user here.

The thing is, I'm considering restarting due to my town layout. When I started I didn't think it through, and it's kind of cramped now. The location of the Roost and the Police Station is not convenient, and the campsite could be in a better spot. I just wanted to show you guys my map and ask you what do you think of it, because I'm having trouble fitting the PWPs.

I don't want to restart though, because I know it's going to be tough finding someone patient enough to hold 5 dreamies and a bunch of sets.

Anyways, here's my map.

Ignore the third villager house, that's my plot resetting character.

The house near the train station is Julian's (it's a pain that he's there, but I couldn't plot reset the day he moved in).
View attachment 178597

Your map still looks workable to me, and I say this as someone who obsessed over choosing the perfect map when I reset my town. Technically I think that you can create a beautiful town with any map -- it all depends on how much work you're willing to put into it. Paths/landscaping make all the difference. They can make your town look amazing even if the map itself isn't 100% ideal. :)

Your map still looks workable to me, and I say this as someone who obsessed over choosing the perfect map when I reset my town. Technically I think that you can create a beautiful town with any map -- it all depends on how much work you're willing to put into it. Paths/landscaping make all the difference. They can make your town look amazing even if the map itself isn't 100% ideal. :)

I agree with this. My map would have been easier to work with (especially the top half) if my river was straighter, if the pond next to retail wasn't so big, if that rock by my fountain wasn't there, etc., but I worked with it and now I'm glad I kept it ^.^ I feel like the more time you invest in a town, the more you end up liking it and figuring out how to work with it.

Back