• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

happy new year! *2019*

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Tansan
Purple Balloon
Green Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Red Balloon
Glam Feather
Cool Feather
Rad Feather
Fresh Feather
Green Feather
HNI_0055.gif

I've finally decided to work on my 2nd copy this year... Borei! Run by Mayor Malis. More info & pictures under the cut.

borei.jpg

HNI_0053%2Bcopy2.jpg

HNI_0053%2Bcopy.jpg

Borei will be a purple themed zen/modern town with mostly bird/winged villagers... I just can't get myself to replace the four odd ones out because I've already fallen in love with them lol but maybe I'll do it eventually. I want it to be a summer town. Now that I have plotted my villagers, I can finally get to landscaping... my favourite part!

HNI_0057.JPG

I really hate and regret my mayor's house placement. It annoys me that I'm so close to the train station... but I'll just have to work with it. I only have plans for one other resident who will live inside the community, right in the left corner by the river. I'll make her once I'm confident I don't need to plot reset for villagers anymore. I'm holding off on the police station until the town is pretty much complete.

Although this town is already a year old, I've only managed to landscape the villager community on the south side of the map past the river. The next step is to landscape the forest in the northern region and the sliver of land on the far left. I'm planning on making half of the map (the left side) a cursed/haunted area full of dead trees and pitfalls. The plaza is situated directly above the forest, so dream visitors would have to navigate their way through that area first before arriving in the peaceful, lush town/sanctuary! However, visitors from the train station will have an easy access pathway to Retail and down to the community.

I've always wanted to make a horror town but I wasn't sure if I could fully commit to it... so this is my compromise. The idea is that a plague of some sort has destroyed the left side of the map, causing the villagers to make a refuge on the right side that is closed off from the malice! Btw I also realised that my mayor's name sounds a little scary, but it actually just means "Jasmine" in Khmer. She's not the cause of the plague I swear u_u Little do they know the reason the trees are withering is because of their perfect peach obsession...

HNI_0059.JPG

HNI_0061.JPG

I'm also hoping to somehow manage to get a perfect town rating so I can change my town hall exterior to Zen. I was never good at this because I tend to go overboard with trees and bamboo. I've only ever achieved it once in my first town, Kenka. I'll have to achieve perfect status through trial and error before I attempt the haunted forest part... since it will be mostly dead trees that will bring my rating down.

This town will keep me occupied until the Switch game is announced :>

Happy new year!!!

happy new year ! your town is so pretty ?! i'll never be able to finish my town oh my haha, but do you have a dream address by any chance ? i'd love to visit your town during a dream c:

jiyeoko;bt16816 said:
happy new year ! your town is so pretty ?! i'll never be able to finish my town oh my haha, but do you have a dream address by any chance ? i'd love to visit your town during a dream c:

Thank you!! I don’t have a dream address yet! I haven’t been able to connect to the internet on my 3ds recently, so I can’t do trades and whatnot to speed up the process of landscaping my town T_T i wanted to upload when i’m near to completion. I also can’t upload dream addresses at the moment because of the WiFi. But I’ll let you know when I do! I plan on posting process photos here :>

Back