Have you ever made an online purchase, and it wasn't what you expected it to be?

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Blue Balloon
Red Heart Balloon
Rad Balloon
Fresh Balloon
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Have you ever purchased something online, and when it arrived in the mail, it was not what you were expecting at all? (It's always my fault for not reading the fine details in the description!)

Here are two recent ones for me, one is actually Animal Crossing related!

I was in search of a nice looking tea kettle, to serve all of my friends tea when they visited. I decided on this one. Turned out to be about the same size (maybe smaller?) Than my 11 oz mug. Added extra commonplace items for size comparison.

1000008044.jpg

Also ordered this Resetti figurine for my brother for next Christmas. They charged me $4 for shipping for something I think I might accidentally sniff into oblivion. Sorry for the wrinkly old finger to show size 😅 (my brother will LOVE this by the way, just not what I expected!)

1000008039.jpg

Have you had any unfortunate purchases that didn't meet expectations?

Last edited:
One time my mom ordered a Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack CD off eBay for me and when it came in the mail it was completely shattered and unusable. There were no refunds available either so I just threw it away. It was a good lesson to only buy things off of sites like eBay if refunds are available.

Well, I purchased Kingdom Hearts Switch cloud streaming edition. It's unplayable. Probably the worst thing on that entire shop. The switch does not have the wifi strength to host an online streaming service.

My sister actually was nice enough to let me borrow her real physical copy so I could play it on PS4. I finished Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories that way.

once i ordered a shirt of a picture of an artist i like with some text underneath it. when it arrived, it was a picture of a random guy and the font was completely different

I purchased a weighted stuffed animal once, and when it arrived it was not weighted at all. When I Googled the product, I saw that multiple people had posted saying it was a scam, so I should have read the reviews beforehand.

once i ordered a shirt of a picture of an artist i like with some text underneath it. when it arrived, it was a picture of a random guy and the font was completely different
This reminded me of another purchase, although it was by my younger brother. He bought me this t-shirt for Christmas after Marvel's Stan Lee passed away. As you can see the text underneath was a bit off grammatically.

To be honest, this is still one of my favorite shirts because of all that!

1000008140.jpg

I’ve had this happen a couple times. Probably when I wasn’t paying attention when buying something from Amazon or Etsy. I suppose I can always return it though!

Have you ever purchased something online, and when it arrived in the mail, it was not what you were expecting at all? (It's always my fault for not reading the fine details in the description!)

Here are two recent ones for me, one is actually Animal Crossing related!

I was in search of a nice looking tea kettle, to serve all of my friends tea when they visited. I decided on this one. Turned out to be about the same size (maybe smaller?) Than my 11 oz mug. Added extra commonplace items for size comparison.

View attachment 578245

Also ordered this Resetti figurine for my brother for next Christmas. They charged me $4 for shipping for something I think I might accidentally sniff into oblivion. Sorry for the wrinkly old finger to show size 😅 (my brother will LOVE this by the way, just not what I expected!)

View attachment 578246

Have you had any unfortunate purchases that didn't meet expectations?
I haven't (not yet, anyways), but I wanted to comment on the mug. Calvin & Hobbes is my favorite comic strip, so it's cool to see that you have merch of it!

Back