• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

hello! I'm new

zoe_potato

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1000-1882-1253
Hello everyone! My name is Zoe, I'm new to the forums. I'm 23 from the United States and New Horizons was my very first animal crossing game. I'm a long-time sims player, and when I first tried New Horizons in 2020 I was completely hooked and wished I had discovered this series earlier in life! I recently reset my island after a long break from the game, however. I got absorbed in other things for a while and just hadn't really played. I've really started to miss the game recently, so I decided to start fresh. I'm only on day 2 right now, and it feels exciting to start a brand new journey with the intention to really go slow and take my time. I'm hoping I can keep this island and basically play it until the next animal crossing game releases...

To be honest, I struggle really badly with my mental health. and this game is what I need right now.. I hope I can get over some of my social anxiety and finally connect with the community, I'd love to make some friends. I'm honestly a huge goof and probably the least intimidating person on planet Earth, so if you said hi it would make my day <3 thank you, and nice to meet you all again!

Welcome to the forums Zoe! 🌟

New Horizons was my first “real” AC game too (I had played the Pocket Camp app game before New Horizons), and I was disappointed I had missed out on such a great game for so long too!

Good luck on your restarted island! Who were your two starter villagers on your new island? Have you developed a favourite villager? 😊

Welcome to the forums Zoe! 🌟

New Horizons was my first “real” AC game too (I had played the Pocket Camp app game before New Horizons), and I was disappointed I had missed out on such a great game for so long too!

Good luck on your restarted island! Who were your two starter villagers on your new island? Have you developed a favourite villager? 😊
I have Boots and Hazel. I really like Hazel actually, she's super cute and weird. I like her unibrow. Boots is cute too, I like his jester outfit. My all-time favorite villagers, however, are Lyman and Agnes. Lyman because he was my best friend on my first island, his cute little face gives me all the serotonin. I hope I can find him and have him on this island eventually. Agnes is my other favorite because she actually reminds me of my dog. My dog is a black and white pit bull, she makes snorting noises a lot like a pig.. so it fits! 😆

Hi Zoe, and welcome to tbt! I hope you like it here, in my opinion everyone is really nice and friendly. If you ever want to talk about animal crossing or whatever my profile and dm's are open!

Restarting and island sounds very relaxing and honestly I envy you. I hope you're enjoying it so far!
Have a fantastic rest of your day <3

Hey girl! I have social anxiety (and general anxiety, but that’s another story) too and places like this (and my blog, and social media) help me break out of my shell. Glad to hear you’ve been enjoying the game!

Hi Zoe, and welcome to tbt! I hope you like it here, in my opinion everyone is really nice and friendly. If you ever want to talk about animal crossing or whatever my profile and dm's are open!

Restarting and island sounds very relaxing and honestly I envy you. I hope you're enjoying it so far!
Have a fantastic rest of your day <3
tysm Tessa! I'm currently working on getting iron nuggets for the shop 😆 this forum seemed really nice so I thought I would join. thank you so much for the warm welcome <3 have a great rest of your day too
Post automatically merged:

Hey girl! I have social anxiety (and general anxiety, but that’s another story) too and places like this (and my blog, and social media) help me break out of my shell. Glad to hear you’ve been enjoying the game!
I have GAD as well.. along with OCD.. and depression.. yeah. I think this game is so great for people with mental health issues like us. it feels like a safe space for sure. I really want to get over my fear of posting things on the internet.. I mean, honestly I need to realize most people, especially in this community, are super nice and struggle with similar things I do. It's weird how we're all so lonely in this world, when if all the lonely people got together it'd be like one huge supportive party, you know? I think animal crossing is great for bringing people together, especially during the pandemic (and seeing as there's a new variant, we might all have to stay inside again soon...) thank you for saying hi!

Hi Zoe, welcome to TBT, and nice to meet you too! ^^ I struggle with anxiety and depression myself, and in most places I'm super nervous about posting anything, but the community here is really warm and friendly, and I feel quite comfortable here. ;v; I hope it can be the same way for you!
Also, best of luck with your current island! Are there any particular themes or aesthetics you like?

Hi Zoe, welcome to TBT, and nice to meet you too! ^^ I struggle with anxiety and depression myself, and in most places I'm super nervous about posting anything, but the community here is really warm and friendly, and I feel quite comfortable here. ;v; I hope it can be the same way for you!
Also, best of luck with your current island! Are there any particular themes or aesthetics you like?
Thank you! The community does seem nice here. It seems like forums are usually more chill than the bigger social media sites. As far as themes, I'm kinda going to kind of go with the flow and see where I end up. My island is named Bloom, which is sort of a reference to a part of my hometown, and also a reference to my favorite song. So bc of the name I'm going to try to incorporate a lot of floral and natural elements. I have a green airport and peaches so I'm going to try to use lots of greens and peaches/oranges/yellows/pinks, and maybe some berry magenta-ish colors. I also like the idea of adding some light urban elements, bc I'm a city kid. 😆 I might make it slightly more urban near resident services and then have it get more natural the farther you get, with some villagers being the city dwellers and some living out in the woods. So uhh... natural/floral/urban/pink/green themed .. if that makes any shred of sense in any universe but my own 😆 ill just see how it goes, really

Thank you! The community does seem nice here. It seems like forums are usually more chill than the bigger social media sites. As far as themes, I'm kinda going to kind of go with the flow and see where I end up. My island is named Bloom, which is sort of a reference to a part of my hometown, and also a reference to my favorite song. So bc of the name I'm going to try to incorporate a lot of floral and natural elements. I have a green airport and peaches so I'm going to try to use lots of greens and peaches/oranges/yellows/pinks, and maybe some berry magenta-ish colors. I also like the idea of adding some light urban elements, bc I'm a city kid. 😆 I might make it slightly more urban near resident services and then have it get more natural the farther you get, with some villagers being the city dwellers and some living out in the woods. So uhh... natural/floral/urban/pink/green themed .. if that makes any shred of sense in any universe but my own 😆 ill just see how it goes, really
Oh I also want to add some areas that are a bit less "perfect" and sort of trash/crapcore. With a few weird villagers. I want to it to be a blend of pretty and idyllic but have a down-to-earth inner city, trashy charm at the same time. I'm not sure how ill accomplish this yet but it's a goal

Oh I also want to add some areas that are a bit less "perfect" and sort of trash/crapcore. With a few weird villagers. I want to it to be a blend of pretty and idyllic but have a down-to-earth inner city, trashy charm at the same time. I'm not sure how ill accomplish this yet but it's a goal
Ahh I love your ideas, it sounds like it'll have a really good flow to it! ^^ I love pink/green color palettes. My plans for my island are also pretty much just me going with the flow—I like quite a few aesthetics and themes myself, and I don't think I could commit to just one. Hopefully we'll both be able to get that perfect blend going! ( ´ ▽ ` )b

Ahh I love your ideas, it sounds like it'll have a really good flow to it! ^^ I love pink/green color palettes. My plans for my island are also pretty much just me going with the flow—I like quite a few aesthetics and themes myself, and I don't think I could commit to just one. Hopefully we'll both be able to get that perfect blend going! ( ´ ▽ ` )b
Yes! I realize when I feel committed to just one theme it makes things more difficult and limiting. I want to be able to use items as I get them. I think if you arrange things somewhat nicely and try to make things coordinate in a creative way you can pretty much blend whatever themes you want. Like .. pastel jungle city .. or Japanese cottage horror .. 😆😆😆 hey I mean it sounds like a hodge podge right now but I have an image in my head 😅

Hi there! This is a really nice community. I struggle with mental health sometimes, too, and this community has helped in a way. A lot of people got into Animal Crossing during the lockdown. I hope to see you around. It’s never too late to make a discovery.

I have Boots and Hazel. I really like Hazel actually, she's super cute and weird. I like her unibrow. Boots is cute too, I like his jester outfit. My all-time favorite villagers, however, are Lyman and Agnes. Lyman because he was my best friend on my first island, his cute little face gives me all the serotonin. I hope I can find him and have him on this island eventually. Agnes is my other favorite because she actually reminds me of my dog. My dog is a black and white pit bull, she makes snorting noises a lot like a pig.. so it fits! 😆
Aaaah, Agnes is my favourite villager too! Your dog sounds adorable! 🥺💖 Unfortunately I don't think I've come across Lyman yet.

Hazel is adorable. I think you got some good starter villagers!

Back