• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

...help

goo

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
6809-0691-7397
Okay so basically...my mom wanted to see what NH was all about so I made a switch account for her so she could move in to my island temporarily. When she was done playing around after a couple days, I was scared of deleting the game entirely so I just deleted her switch profile (dumb, I know)

Now her house on my island is still there and there's no way to delete it without completely deleting my island, which is a major no no.

Does anyone know what I can do? Or should I just contact help from Nintendo to get some answers.

Thanks !

"Open the game on the Nintendo Switch profile that has the character you want to remove, and press the Minus button while you’re on the title screen. This will bring up Tom Nook in an ominous dark room, asking if you really want to delete your character.

Deleting your character will erase all traces of them off the island. Villagers won’t talk about them, and their house (or tent) will be completely removed. We advise you to drop any items or Bells you might need before deleting the character."

You should be able to delete her character if she's the secondary character.

Yeah but I deleted her profile on the switch itself. So I can't delete her character in-game at all.

Try this (im not sure if it'll work).

When you're on your character, multiplay with her character. Then switch and make her the leader and save and exit. If you access the settings when you've logged out with her character, she should still be the active player.

I have no idea how this'll work if her profile isn't on the switch.

Phew, okay I figured it out. Apparently the player who started the Island (the main character) is actually able to delete other players. So you don't necessarily need to log in through their switch profile.

Added this in case other people have this issue in the future.

Thank you! That was super scary hahaha.

exact same problem here as goo, im not sure how to figure this out now that there’s a banana yellow tent sitting randomly on my grass.
Post automatically merged:

I am island representative but do i have to get nook’s cranny to delete the tent? i have not had the request for them to build a place at my island. :( please help!

exact same problem here as goo, im not sure how to figure this out now that there’s a banana yellow tent sitting randomly on my grass.

I am island representative but do i have to get nook’s cranny to delete the tent? i have not had the request for them to build a place at my island. :( please help!

On the title screen, press the minus button "-" and delete the character from there.

When Tom Nook shows up, select Save Data Setting, then Delete Resident Registration.

ohhh right ok thanks so much Rosch, i will do it later and see if the button pops up are you sure it won’t make me restart EVERYTHING!

thanks so much! this might be finally the cure! keep you updated!!

thanks so much! this might be finally the cure! keep you updated!!
but Tom nook says i can’t delete the tent as it is like a unregistered person since i deleted it :(

You need to first go in as your mom's character, and go talk to him, say you wanna leave, and he'll remove her.

Then go in as yourself, and select to remove someone from the - menu, select her character, and the tent should be gone.

I did this alot with a second resident

I can go into more detail if you want

thanks!

my mom wasn’t playing, it was two of me and also i already removed it

On the title screen, press the minus button "-" and delete the character from there.

When Tom Nook shows up, select Save Data Setting, then Delete Resident Registration.
it didn’t work :( im sure i pressed delete resident registration but it only came up with another acc that i tried last time but that other acc doesn’t have a tent put so i did not have the need to delete it

it didn’t work :( im sure i pressed delete resident registration but it only came up with another acc that i tried last time but that other acc doesn’t have a tent put so i did not have the need to delete it

Try this one...

Create a new Switch profile using the exact name you created for your mother. Then load the game and go to the title screen, press "-" and try to delete the resident. If successful, you can delete the Switch profile.

Last edited:
it wasn’t my mom who was playing it was me i will take a video soon to show you guys and in the video i will explain.

you can just make a new random switch profile and start the game up with it and it will let you tie the 'ghost' file to the new switch account, if you want to

beyond that, idk. but this should let you access the player character, at least

Back