• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Hey! I just got GIMP!

PrinceBoo

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Hey, I just got GIMP so....I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for making sigs? XGT and fish, it'd be nice if you gave me some pointers, *hint hint*
Heres my first creations, just a very simple avatar with some blur and stuff...

Prince.jpg

Its...not to bad! Unfortunatlly I know NOTHING about GIMP only photoshop, so I can't help you improve.

PrinceBoo said:
Hey, I just got GIMP so....I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for making sigs? XGT and fish, it'd be nice if you gave me some pointers, *hint hint*
Heres my first creations, just a very simple avatar with some blur and stuff...

Prince.jpg
I Dunno anything about gimp either, you should ask Zeldafreak, he knows alot more than me.

if you want to, you can go look at tutorials... i never do those because i hate directions... usually. >_>

Wow. Not bad. I would give you tips but sadly I suck. I can tell you a few things though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
I got all of you, I made that in paint!! :lol:
But I did get GIMP...
and I added blur to the letters and the crown.
Now to actually USE the program...

PrinceBoo said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
I got all of you, I made that in paint!! :lol:
But I did get GIMP...
and I added blur to the letters and the crown.
Now to actually USE the program...
:lol: It looks like gimp.

Heres my very first sig!
Discuss and rate please!

1st Draft:
FirstBooSigforinternet.jpg

2nd Draft:
b73900fa.jpg

3rd Draft: (.png)
FirstBooSigforinternet.png

Its still in draft stages, I'll keep improving it, feel free to make suggestions!

^_^

the sig is very nice for a beginner, you have ALOT to improve on, but Its pretty...okay! Which is alot coming from me. Anyways i'd say save it as a JPeg because the PNG isn't doing any good (no bad, mind you) for it.

OK, I'll go back to the jpeg version and maybe add a border and fix my render.

^_^

Jpeg with better render:
FirstBooSigforinternetfinaldraft.jpg

Jpeg with render and border:
FirstBooSigwithborder.jpg

Personally, I think the one without the border looks good, but I just wanted to try it with a border..

I've had GIMP I don't know how to do many things... I don't really have the time to learn how to do everyting.

-_-

PrinceBoo said:

^_^

Jpeg with better render:

Personally, I think the one without the border looks good, but I just wanted to try it with a border..
Better. PM me tips. I need help badly.

:(

OddCrazyMe said:
PrinceBoo said:

^_^

Jpeg with better render:

Do you use GIMP?

PrinceBoo said:
OddCrazyMe said:
PrinceBoo said:

^_^

Jpeg with better render:

Do you use GIMP?
Yea.

Try just going to www.gimptalk.com
and try out some stuff, and you'lle learn as you go along. I just kept messing around for a few hours and I kept figuring out more..
Can you make a picture with transpanancy yet?

PrinceBoo said:
Try just going to www.gimptalk.com
and try out some stuff, and you'lle learn as you go along. I just kept messing around for a few hours and I kept figuring out more..
Can you make a picture with transpanancy yet?
How do you do that btw?

under the Layer menu, under tansparency, click add alpha layer, then when you erase the background, it will have transparancy behind it. .png and .xcf support transparency.

^_^
I knew that from somewhere....I cant remember though. I'm a natural with computers, I think.

Please discuss and rate my new avatar, feel free to post suggestions!

^_^

pbavatar.png

fixed version:
caea939e.png

Its nothing special, just a black boo outline with PB in Neon letters, A transparent backgroud and a drop shadow.

*edit* fixed the drop shadow and made the neon brighter

Back