• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Hoot-Hoot sig.

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
What do you think of it? I personally thought it had a good forest-y look to it. And, I never used this particular render before.

:p

Not bad. I like the warpy thingy at the top and bottom, makes it look like it's kinda flying into battle.

:D

Gengar, I also don't like when you abuse the blurs and stuff like that.

If you just had the trees n' the backound and the hoot-hoot along with some sub-par text, the sig would of looked great.

I think the blurs should be used only in the backround. Same with the ripple effects you keep on adding. These pokemon sigs all look the same to me.

I didn't think I was "abusing" the blurs...

:unsure:

I just thought the blurrs added sort of a half-frame thing to it. I didn't even use a ripple effect in this one, I too thought that was getting too repetitive...therefore it isnt used here.

;)

Okay, I took out the blurred-half-border thing. Whadda' ya think now? Better? Worse?

Hey hey hey hey. If he wants to blur everything out, well, it's his choice, isn't it? It's Gengar's sig, not your guys. His art, not yours. Let him do what he wants. <_<

Phantom3ss said:
Hey hey hey hey. If he wants to blur everything out, well, it's his choice, isn't it? It's Gengar's sig, not your guys. His art, not yours. Let him do what he wants. <_<
Well, I did want to hear what everyone had to say. The people who critisized were, well, "constructive" about it, and thats excepted here. Constructive Critisizm will, hopefully, help me to become a better sig maker in the future!!!

Btw, welcome, friend!!!

*paces around in circles via Mother Hen* Ehhh. Anyway, I like it, though it is a bit plain. Maybe some other pokemon, smaller ones, in the background, mixed with the trees? I'm no sig maker...

Zelandonia said:
Personally, I liked the Blurs.

Without them, it looks like a Paint sig. Paste on a background, add text, and voila!

Maybe add some light brushes over the background, and maybe a gradient map.

Flygon said:
Zelandonia said:
Personally, I liked the Blurs.

Without them, it looks like a Paint sig. Paste on a background, add text, and voila!

Maybe add some light brushes over the background, and maybe a gradient map.
AhhhH! Big words that involve gimp that I don't know what they mean!!!

*looks at Gradient*...

Thanks much for the info, Flygon! I'm workin' on an entirely new sig now, hopefully a better one. I also made it smaller...just to try something different...

Gengar said:
Thanks much for the info, Flygon! I'm workin' on an entirely new sig now, hopefully a better one. I also made it smaller...just to try something different...
Good luck! =)

Overall it's a good sig, but just a tad too simple and bit too large for that small a render.

[quote="Shadow_] Overall it's a good sig, but just a tad too simple and bit too large for that small a render. [/quote]
Agreed, definately. Thats why the new sig I'm working on is much smaller.

Back