• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

House isn't bigger?

LeAckerman

Kibiy
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Yesterday I payed off my 2nd loan and when I woke up this morning, my house was still the same. I did buy a new door for my house and I'm thinking that it glitched. How can I fix this? :confused:

Did you speak to Nook after paying off the debt? as I know you have to when upgrading your home :p
(I'm just grasping at straws and guessing that you bought the new door before paying off the debt)

Totally normal. First you payed off your tent, allowing you to have a house then you payed off your 2nd loan,basically buying the house. Now if you talk to Nook, he should offer you an expansion, which if you pay off your house will be bigger tomorrow :) I was confused when this happened to me too lol

Totally normal. First you payed off your tent, allowing you to have a house then you payed off your 2nd loan,basically buying the house. Now if you talk to Nook, he should offer you an expansion, which if you pay off your house will be bigger tomorrow :) I was confused when this happened to me too lol

Oh, ok ty ^^

It happened to me as well.
The only difference is I did talk to Nook right after I paid of my loan and he didn't give me the option. He just said about it being exciting that I'm getting a new fence and mailbox (I had purchased those things from his shop).
I think you had to wait till the next day no matter what or buying updates like that really do effect you getting an expansion.

Yeah, so note for those who wish to expand their house as quickly as possible:
Do not buy any house modifications until you get to the point that you can't pay your loan off in one day.
I would be on my third house expansion right now if I hadn't made the same mistake that you did lol. I just want room to actually organize my stuff :p

I did the same thing. Yesterday after I got my first house (the one after the tent) Nook had the roof style I wanted. I decided to go ahead and get it while it was there. Then I paid off the loan. So maybe he can only do one construction 'project' at a time (the roof, since I bought that first). He didn't give me the offer for expansion until TODAY. So...I wait until tomorrow for a bigger room. That's OK since it is slim pickings for furniture I actually want to keep in my house anyway. (Mah-jong table anyone?)

I am having the "exact same problem" and if a bunch of us have this problem, we can expect tons tons more people have as well. Which makes me wonder how if it was a glitch how it got past the testing.

Either way, I haven't been able to talk to Nook today because it's not opening for a half-hour yet. But he might give me the option to expand. I mean in this game you do choose "when" to upgrade your house whether you paid off or not? If I never got the choice to "Upgrade" because I keep buying house accessories first. That would make sense.

Last edited:
There, I went to Nook and said I want to expand, and he said it will be done in the morning. So I think it's good now :D

Back