• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How did you feel about your "forced" camper? *Got my camper today!*

How did you feel about your "forced" camper?

• Loved them!

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • Disliked them!

Votes: 114 36.3%
  • No opinion on them! (Indifference)

Votes: 54 17.2%
  • They grew on me over time!

Votes: 85 27.1%
  • Hated them over time!

Votes: 35 11.1%

• Total voters
I have really bad memory because I can't remember at all who my first camper was or how I felt about them.

My first camper was Shep, who I actually didn't even know existed until this game because I notice that not a whole lot of people talk about him. I actually liked him when I first saw him, but I was all like, "I already have a dog (Mac, at the time) and I like having species diversity, so I might have to skip out on you unfortunately..." Then the game was kind of nudging me to invite him anyway (this was before I learned that the first camper was a villager forced on you), so then I said, "...ehh what the heck WELCOME TO THE FAM, SHEP." And he is now one of my all-time favorite villagers. He is such a joy to have around and I'm not letting him go anytime soon.

I just got my forced camper this morning and it was Lionel. Reserving judgement for now! Anyone had him?

My first was Marshal.
I didn't like him at first, as he seemed rude and snobbish. After he got used to the island, he opened up, and kinda grew on me--like moss. (And I like moss)
He's still a bit "eccentric", but it's hard to imagine Shione without him, now. I guess I can see now why he was a popular choice in NL.
Not to mention, that adorable smile is worth protecting XD

My first camper was O'Hare. I like O'Hare, but I didn't want him, as I already had his Amiibo and if I wanted him I could've just scanned him in. Fortunately I found someone to adopt O'Hare when he wanted to leave.

I got Ed, and first of, I don't really like horses, secondly, his colours just didn't mesh well with me. The turquoise fur with the blonde hair was already pretty bad, but the droopy eyelids with some weird purplish makeup just... no. Not for me. I like the smug personality, and I like maybe a third to half of the villagers there, so the chances of getting someone I liked should've been fairly high. I did however try to see what happened if I skipped a day without inviting him, but he was still there the next day. But I have to say, I never hated him, he was just kinda there, and then he moved. I could've been a lot worse

it was tex who moved in. i wasn't super upset because he's not really that ugly but i was also disappointed. he grew on me after a while but had to go.

I was super lucky and got Marshal as my forced camper. I nearly did a back flip of joy when I saw him in the campsite.

Mine was Olaf.

He's ok. Not a fan of the design but will be a little sad to see him go.
I amiibo'd Shep in, and am amiiboing Fang in to replace Olaf.

Kidd was okay. Not someone I wanted to get rid of as soon as possible but I let him go when he asked.

Back