• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How do I prevent dreamies from moving out a better way?

Paperboy012305

Maining Male Villager since 2015
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
4834-0712-4510
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
Indigo Mushroom Lamp
Glowing Butterfly Spirit
Friday the 13th Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Hot Balloon
Hot Heart Balloon
I have a 2nd town and seem to wanting to move my non dreamies out faster by whacking my dreamies with a net and befriending my non dreamies, because if you be mean to villagers they'll stay longer, but if you befriend them they'll move out faster.
But that unfortunately does not work. My dreamies still want to move out 100% of the time.
I'm doing a trick to where when a villager wants to leave, I TT 5-4 days to that date and TT more if a villager didn't ping me. So far, its been only dreamies and not the non dreamies.
Any other tips? I still have to be mean to my dreamies, though.

Doing any of that expect befriending them doesn't make a difference. Being mean to them doesn't move them out, just is plain mean lol. Befriend the ones you hate and talk to your dreamies a little bit. When you have full dreamies you can befriend and stuff, just make sure to check daily to see if one pings to move. My kid cat moved out not long ago because I was busy with other stuff and didn't check in for awhile. So you gotta check a lot or they'll move out. Good luck! ;)

Doing any of that expect befriending them doesn't make a difference. Being mean to them doesn't move them out, just is plain mean lol. Befriend the ones you hate and talk to your dreamies a little bit. When you have full dreamies you can befriend and stuff, just make sure to check daily to see if one pings to move. My kid cat moved out not long ago because I was busy with other stuff and didn't check in for awhile. So you gotta check a lot or they'll move out. Good luck! ;)

Just to say if a villager pings and ask you to move, and you say no, no one will move until you play again, if you save and never return for a long period of time.

Whacking with net and who you talk to has no input as to who moves.... I cycle quickly while trying to keep certain villagers all the time! The best advice I can give is to really study the patterns of how many days in between each new villager pinging to make your cycling more efficiently, and make sure you are in good standing with your villagers too, meaning that you have talked to them in the last week... Because if you haven't talked to them then they won't ping you to tell you they are moving.... I hope that makes sense

I always thought it was completely random for who chooses to ping you to move out. Dont give up hope but I honestly dont think being mean/overly kind has that major of an effect on them.

I always thought it was completely random for who chooses to ping you to move out. Dont give up hope but I honestly dont think being mean/overly kind has that major of an effect on them.
I thought about it, and I think it is just randomized.

I also think it's random. Each villager has an equal chance of wanting to leave. It just seems like dreamies want to leave more often than hated villagers because most people have more dreamies than hated villagers. In a town with 9 dreamies and 1 hated villager, there is a 9/10 chance of a dreamie wanting to leave, and a 1/10 chance of the hated villager wanting to leave. Each individual villager has a 1/10 chance of wanting to leave, but with so many dreamies, one of the dreamies is more likely to leave than the hated villager. Hated villagers not leaving as often must have made people think being nice to villagers makes them want to leave, but actually dreamies kept wanting to leave because there were more dreamies than hated villagers.

I hope that made sense, and I hope I didn't bore you to death with my explanation.

EDIT: Never mind, you realized that before I posted. Didn't have to explain.

Last edited:
Each villager has an equal chance of leaving, but its never the latest one to move in.

I also think it's random. just stay on top of your villager pings and rumors. there are tutorials here and on other forums that explain which rumors mean that nobody is moving, so that you'll understand when its safe to assume that none of your dreamies are thinking of moving out if nobody pinged you about a move.

Idk if this is helpful but TT one day at a time and everyday talk to 1 specific villager. It can be any villager in town but it just has to be the same one. Talk to them constantly until they have the thinking emoji thing above them. While talking to them, they may reveal if a villager is planning to move out. If not then move to the next day and talk to the same villager. If there is a villager moving out, then find that villager and by all means let them go or make them stay.

Hope this is helpful! It's an easier way to prevent dreamies from moving out.

Back