• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How do you guys have time for AC?

Divo

The Charming Magician
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I really love these games, but I feel like I just can't play them anymore. Between work and school, I have very little time to play games. And I can't play games on a regular basis. How do you find the time to play a game like Animal Crossing and still do other things, or god forbid, play other games as well? I just can't seem to fit it all in.

1) I don't take them as seriously as others seem to. They're a game, not my life.
2) If I really can't be bothered playing it or have something else I would rather be doing/playing, I will just do the absolute bare minimum required in the game which is usually setting the town to beautiful ordnance and 'doing a lap' around the village to make sure villagers I like don't move away and pull any weeds. Takes like, 5 minutes every few days.

I have periods where I play hardcore and play the game an hour or two everyday, keep up with the town, but like right now I'm into Pokemon and Smash Bros. so I've been playing those games.

I have a lot of down time this semester. That and I only play for an hour max at a time.

During my free time in between classes, I spend 30 minutes to play AC. I can't really spend too much to play AC hardcore and I've actually given up on playing it hardcore. College is sucking my soul.....

I have a lot of free time right now, but I understand where you're coming from! Last semester I would go days without even checking my town to make sure nobody moved because I was so busy with work and school, and one day came back to see that lovely Lolly had moved. I think if you really love something you just have to make time for it, and I guess AC can be a good stress reliever. I usually just set aside like 30mins to an hour a day. Doing a few paths, talking to villagers, etc.

It's not as "serious" for me now that my town is "established." I have some badges to get from Phineas and I'm half-working on changing my house to the furniture sets I like now that I finished the HHA things.

But my paths are down, I have most of my 'dreamies', I have PWPs where/how I want them. And I have 25 mil left in savings that I put minimal effort toward raising for the badge, but that's about it.

Besides that, basically just what Tao said. Every few days I go in for 5-10 minutes to try to get a villager to ping me about leaving. I have the beautiful ordinance so I don't worry about losing the pink lilies that border my paths or getting too many weeds, and I have 9 villagers so I can just patiently wait for someone worthwhile to show up in a campsite or the trading boards.

I also TT a little bit if I stop playing for too long - if I just drop it for a few weeks/months, I try to go back to some time around the day I last remember playing to avoid losing any of the villagers I like. I'm in July 2014, but I don't care, I have a tarantula and a scorpion to catch still. c:

Back when I was balancing school, work, other games, boyfriend time, AC, etc. I would just take a few hours on the weekend to work on my town and TT when necessary (like PWPs), and then apply the same minimal effort throughout the week just to keep everything in "order."

I have time because I'm secure financially and with work and my apt is the hang out place so I can play games without having to leave my things.

I usually have these huge breaks and huge sprees of playing, but its exam week now and I finished all my exams so I have waaayy to much time on the hands right now

Animal Crossing doesn't have to take much daily time, depends what your play style is and what you want to get out of the game.

For me, my daily routine was usually:
1. check shops
2. talk to villagers
3. water flowers
4. ?

Rarely took more than an hour.

To be frank, I've got both mental and physical stuff to deal with right now and that prevents me from working. I sure as hell can't afford college (those of you not in the US, count your blessings when it comes to tuition costs!) so I've got a lot of free time at the mo'. I'm trying to sandwich in all my game time now because once I'm ready to rejoin the work force I know I won't be able to indulge in my hobbies nearly as often as I currently do.

I often don't and if I had more to do irl I'd probably largely forego other games (AC comes first, I have to at least make sure no one's moving, water flowers and wotk towards badges a bit).
As it stands I kind of have a 'game roster'. Like Tuesdays and Wednesdays are often Pok?mon days, Sundays and Mondays are PC days, Wii U days are any day the other half wants me to play something with him (usually Fridays/Saturdays).
Ofc that changes sometimes depending on how obsessed with a specific game I am, but if I'm not craving anything I try to make that roster work. :B

I like to play in my free time. I don't have a lot of outside interests. Most of my free time is spent at home, where I enjoy exercising, Internet, or playing my game.

I usually play for 20-30 minutes each day, so it doesn't really take a lot of time and I still enjoy the game:)

Well, I usually don't have much homework, so as soon as I get home I just relax and play Animal Crossing for however long I want.

I usually play in the mornings for about half an hour, doing all my routine stuff: fossils, shopping, talking to villagers, etc. Then, I play in the evening for an hour or two, either bug hunting or making designs. AC:NL is a good way to relax for me.

I'm not currently working, so that's a big part on how I play like I do. x0D honestly though, I'm in a binging period right now where I just want to play non-stop. When this subsides, I would play an hour a day, just watering plants, talking to villagers, and visiting the shops. I'm honestly not even obsessed with collecting all the badges, I just do it when I have time and motivation to do them.

Kind of a bad time to be binge-playing though because I'm in my last semester at community college and I'm supposed to be working on my portfolio. *kicks self* hopefully my hype will die down by the end of the month. x0D

Back