• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How many neighbors to a town?

Kaia

Ultimate Bug-Catcher :D
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how many neighbors you could have in your town. I know it varies from game to game, and I was dissapointed when you could only have 8 neighbors in Wild World. So, has anyone found out how many neighbors are able to live in your town? I'd appreciate it ^^

Last edited:
I have 10 so far in my town There are some who think there will be 12 villagers, but I think 10 will be the maximum.
The towns aren't that big and 12 wouldn't leave much room for community projects.

Last edited:
I have 10 so far in my town There are some who think there will be 12 villagers, but I think 10 will be the maximum.
The towns aren't that big and 12 wouldn't leave much room for community projects.

To be honest looking at the map I think 10 villagers is too big for the town already. An extra 2 won't change much.

Also I saw somebody mention on another forum that their friend said they had 12 villagers....but it could have just been hearsay since there was no proof.

To be honest looking at the map I think 10 villagers is too big for the town already. An extra 2 won't change much.

Also I saw somebody mention on another forum that their friend said they had 12 villagers....but it could have just been hearsay since there was no proof.
An extra two will change a lot. What little empty space I currently have left will disappear.

I've only played WW and NL. The AC game with 12 villagers, did it have space to send 12 letters at a time or 10? Because NL only has room for 10 letters at a time and I want to know if that is any indication to how many villagers there would be.

That's unfortunate, if only the town were bigger.

I remember on Animal Crossing Population Growing, (or GameCube) I always got lost in my town because it was too big.
Even with a map.

I'm glad there's only 10 villagers per town, I like the tight-knit intimacy of it :)

An extra two will change a lot. What little empty space I currently have left will disappear.

I've only played WW and NL. The AC game with 12 villagers, did it have space to send 12 letters at a time or 10? Because NL only has room for 10 letters at a time and I want to know if that is any indication to how many villagers there would be.

There has never been a game with 12 villagers. The Gamecube version had 15 villagers and from I can remember it didn't start with room for 15 letter addresses. Just as many that were living in the town at the time.

I think they might be going for a crowded vibe in this game, except they probably don't see it as crowded. More like a tight and cozy community.

Gamecube had 15, WW had 8, CF had 10 and NL has 10 as well. I don't think two more would hurt anything..but I may just be saying that because for some reason all 10 of mine decided to live in the left half of my village..with 3 of them deciding to be my very close next door neighbors. I haven't had any more build sites pop up in a couple days, so I'm fairly sure the limit is 10.

There has never been a game with 12 villagers. The Gamecube version had 15 villagers and from I can remember it didn't start with room for 15 letter addresses. Just as many that were living in the town at the time.

I think they might be going for a crowded vibe in this game, except they probably don't see it as crowded. More like a tight and cozy community.
Oh, okay. :eek: Thank you. ^^
They may not be going for a crowded vibe, but it's beginning to feel that way. Although, it may also be my layout. I've been to a few dream towns where the layout felt a bit more spacious.

but I may just be saying that because for some reason all 10 of mine decided to live in the left half of my village..with 3 of them deciding to be my very close next door neighbors.

I hope that all of my villagers will live around the town tree, that would be AWESOME! ;)

At first I was really disappointed that there were only 9 or 10 villagers in each town, but now that I'm excited about building things in my town I'm glad that the number is 10 again.

Back