• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How many player characters allowed?

The_Joker

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
One of the main features of New Leaf is the ability to be mayor.
But one of the main features of the Animal Crossing series is to have multiple players living within your town.

This would conflict, wouldn't it? More than one mayor in a town?
Or is the first player to start the game the only mayor, and any players after this are all "regular" characters?
If not, I'd like to know how the game goes about making this work.

This is just stupid, really. I haven't used the other three characters in the previous games because I have no one to share the game with, but still I hate the idea of only one person being the mayor.

I mean... being the mayor is the most innovative thing! It's what the whole game is all about!
If I share the game with my siblings, then I would want to be able to be the mayor as well. If I want to play it alone, then I don't need other characters (at best for holding more patterns, but this problem could easily be solved by giving us more place to hold patterns).

It's just so stupid and unreasonable...

I think it's a huge flaw.
There should be an "election day", in which villagers (and the other players) could decide which of the player characters should be next mayor, and the end result is automatically picked based on how well that person looks after the town (as if in, plants flowers, etc).

I have a mixed opinion about it. I understand the flaws but I dont think its that big of a deal. Theres not too much you do as mayor is there?

You get to decide what's in the town, place down objects (benches, lamps, etc), host events I believe...
The main addition to the game is "YOU'RE NOW THE MAYOR".

You get to decide what's in the town, place down objects (benches, lamps, etc), host events I believe...
The main addition to the game is "YOU'RE NOW THE MAYOR".
I guess I never looked at it like that. I knew about setting things like benches and lamps and stuff but not about hosting events.
I guess it is pretty dumb that only 1 person can be Mayor.

Maybe you can pass on the role as Mayor to another player. And off topic, but I love your signature crystal_skull.

I'm an only child, so I have no siblings to share with. But I would be kind of mad if they had elections and I was no longer mayor. Then the person who I share the game with could go around placing benches everywhere and taking up all the room, and then you couldn't plant that new fruit you got from your friend's town. So then they trash your town, and then if you get mayor again and you've got a big mess. I think the saying "First come, first serve" fits nicely here.

I suppose it wouldn't really make sense if there were four mayors in the town, so I can see why they would do that.. It still takes apart from the game, though. If I was playing as another player I would still want to have all the same power that I do as the mayor. It seems kind of tedious.

Maybe you can pass on the role as Mayor to another player. And off topic, but I love your signature crystal_skull.

doubt it

but yes, as said, you can have 4 players with 4 separate houses, though only the first player will be mayor

I will share the game with my 12yo daughter, she loves Animal Crossing but she's rather lazy (her WW town is full of weeds, except after I visit :D) so she's ok with the fact that I'll be in charge of the town :D

Back