• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How my town and player names came to be (assumptions)...

xSuperMario64x

I am a Bug, please be gentle 🪲💜
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Planet Glow Wand
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
So many of you probably don't know, but my town name is Boston. Well, here's the funny part: not only do I not live in Boston, or Massachusetts, I don't even live near the East coast! I live in the mid-western US.

But why did I decide to name my town Boston? Well, this post I made back in December of 2011 gives a vague hint...

"Well, here's a list of my other town names...
Animal Crossing GCN: ranter
AC:WW: Ernier
AC:CF: Gaton
It'll probably end up being something really random... like Quahog lol
Wait.. I HAVE AN IDEA!
AC:3DS: Boston
I like that name... I like Super Mario Galaxy 2 also lol"

I eventually gave a reason for why I named my town Boston, though most of it I don't find very convincing.

"My town name is Boston, because so many incidents have happened in boston, massachusetts, that I felt as though the town could be like a memorial. It also houses one of the greatest music colleges in the US, Berklee, and it is hom to the Boston harbor whoch played abig role during the American Revolution. Also, I fnd the name Boston to be very formal and unique."

*'Lotta typos back in 2014...!*

My town is not a memorial for the real Boston, MA, and I don't believe, now that Berklee is the "best" music college in the US. They only do jazz study there; I play classical. :( And I'm not sure why I thought the Boston Harbor played a role in my decision. Because it didn't. But I guess the whole "formal" thing did play a role...

As for my player... he's a whole different story.

"My player name is Daniel because I had a player a long tone ago on the Gamecube with the same name. I deleted his profile because an animal villager (biff D:<) told me to go away forever. But I thought ya know I should bring him back on NL a few years later when I first heard of the game ACNL. I had some wacky imagination 6 years ago! D:"

This is all very true. I literally deleted my player on the GCN because Biff told me mean things after I kept hitting him with a net. What a dumb excuse, right?

I based my player's appearence off the guy on the front cover of ACNL. That was probably pretty lazy, but I like him the way he is right now. He actually looks very similar to the original player except that now he has hazel eyes instead of brown.

I would like to know why I named him that in the first place... or why I decided that, of all the players I have purposely/accidentally deleted, this would be the best player to choose?

All I know is that now, I wouldn't change it for anything.

And I still have letters addressed to Daniel in my town on the GCN! Talk about old!! xD

For some reason this reminds me of when I would name my towns in like French or Spanish or like just have it be made up.
I also have a weird thing with my main AC games that their names all begin with L. (Lavender, Luna, etc.) and ones that don't are my like extra ones.

Back