• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How to find your town's history (coolest thing ever)!

Sachmach29

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was just wandering around my town sipping coffee when I arrived near my town tree. So there's the town tree, then a bunch of soil surrounding it. All of that is in a little square garden. This is what you have to do. You have to walk right in front of your town tree and sit down on the bricks around your tree. It should work. YOU ARE NOT SITTING ON THE GROUND, BUT THE BORDER AROUND THE GARDEN. So now you're sitting there and if you wait a little while, words will start coming down the side of your screen like the credits during the K.K. Slider songs. First they will go through the residents in town and then, it will go through your town's history, like villagers moving in, you becoming Mayor, public works projects etc. Tell me your awesome experience with this! The last thing mine said was T and T Emporium opening in like March 2014, yes I'm a time traveler.

Probably doesn't happen unless your tree is substantially grown. Tried sitting on my tree's bricks a few days ago, and it wouldn't let me.

Last edited:
Huh, what the? Seriously?? How has no-one seen this before...

REEEEEEALLY??????????????

EDIT AFTER SEEING ABOVE POST: Aaaaaaah, got it!

Have you time traveled? If not, try this trick, I want to know if it works for someone else. And I've been to Japanese towns via Dream Suite and some of their trees ARE MUCH BIGGER!

Your tree has to be about 50 days old for that to get our tree to stage 3. I dunno how close I am yet :/ How much do you time travel o.o march 2014 is super far o.o

I recently stopped TTing so my tree is growing pretty slowly. Mine is on stage 2(the large and not yet fully grown stage) so I'm not quite there yet.

I thought that was common knowledge, but not all of us TT so we're still on the 3rd or so stage of tree (if you live in NA).

Yup gotta wait for our trees to get bigger. Ive tried it a while ago because I wanted to know how close I am to getting the train station PWP. (one of the last things it tells you is how many visitors you have had in your town from other players) I first found out about this from one of Lin and Ko's old videos

I'm a time traveler and my time is set all the way to August, so I was able to try out this trick and it worked! Here are a couple of pictures to show anyone that hasn't done it yet what it looks like.

HNI_0009_zpsffe9c405.jpg

HNI_0011_zpsd04349ef.jpg

I love this feature. It's like a trip down memory lane. This will probably be one of the last things I do before I finally decide to take a break from New Leaf. My only problem with it is that it's kinda slow.

When can you sit on the tree? I've never Time Traveled but I have played 200+ hours so its big. o3o

Mine isn't fully grown yet. Plus, if you watch LinandKo's videos, they showed this. Sorry if someone has already said that...I didn't read all of the comments! D:
Anyway, it's a pretty cool trick to know! Thanks for sharing!

Back