• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How to maintain bamboo?

roseflower

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Silver Star Glow Wand
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Lost Star Fragment 002.AN
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
How do you maintain the bamboo in your town? Do you just dig up the bamboo seeds every time, or do you surround it with path tiles? Is there something else you can do to prevent it from spreading?
Also is it true that if you don?t play the game for a longer time the bamboo gets out of hand and spreads everywhere as far as it can?

I have some stuff for my landscaping around my bamboo for now, but I do leave some spots for the seeds to appear for the free shoots. I put flowers and clovers on the inner circle of my bamboo, and yea its true

I scatter flowers around them. If I don't they spread all over town, until something stops it like a path or the river.

I have flowers between mine and they're in between my paths so I don't need to worry about them spreading. Whenever I want bamboo I clear the space around a few and dig up the seeds then replace everything.

you can bury trash items on the ground near bamboo so it can't grow there. just buy random stuff from nooks shop and bury it :)It may also be objected that my opening remark about the appealing character of Pyrrhonism is wrong or surprising, given that it is not possible for anyone to think that the stance I have presented is attractive and worth adopting. For instance, not only does the Skeptic not promise that the suspensive attitude will certainly make possible the attainment of ataraxia, but he does not even regard this as an aim that is intrinsic to his philosophy. To this objection, I would first reply that the appeal of Skepticism seems to lie in the sort of radical changes that this philosophy may entail in a person’s life. For, if adopted, the cautious Pyrrhonean attitude will prevent one from making rash judgments about any topic that one has not examined or found final answers to, which in turn will prevent one from acting hastily. Another profound change consists in the fact that, even if at some point the Skeptic broke some of the most important moral rules of the society to which he belongs, he would perhaps experience some kind of discomfort, but he would not believe that he has done something objectively wrong. This would free him from the shame and remorse that those who believe that such an action is morally incorrect would experience in the same situation. In sum, the Pyrrhonean philosophy would produce, if adopted, profound changes in a person’s thoughts, feelings, and actions; changes that at first glance seem to be beneficial. But secondly, I think that whether or not Pyrrhonism is an appealing philosophy cannot in the end be determined a priori. For it depends on whether one values such attitudes as caution, open-mindedness, and intellectual modesty; or, if one does, on whether these attitudes are preferred to, for example, the sense of assurance that one may experience when espousing philosophic systems or religious beliefs. This is why my opening comment was just that Pyrrhonism may still be found attractive and worth adopting.

Last edited:
How do you maintain the bamboo in your town? Do you just dig up the bamboo seeds every time, or do you surround it with path tiles? Is there something else you can do to prevent it from spreading?
Also is it true that if you don?t play the game for a longer time the bamboo gets out of hand and spreads everywhere as far as it can?

I think it probably will get out of hand, but I haven't kept it long enough to see. I planted one and just let it spread randomly, and then replaced all of the bamboo with trees to get a natural forest look. But it spread really fast, especially as more started to grow. So I imagine not playing for a while might get it a bit out of control

Oh, yes, it gets out of head. Ohhhhh yes.

I only have one now so that I can dig up the seeds as need be, but I will place them strategically so they don't spawn unless I want them to.

I have paths and flowers between my bamboo so the shoots won't spread like wildfire. However, I have some lonely bamboo around my wishing well area in my main town, so I do let the shoots grow wild there. But it's surrounded by flowers and trees so when the shoots try to grow they'll end up wilting the next day. It gives the area a more natural, abandoned type look.

I usually fill in the bits with either flowers or just cut some around the boarder of the area so they don't grow more, I kept them growing for a while because I liked selling the shoots.

I have a couple of plants that I keep to spawn shoots. I've been planting those alongside paths and chopping them the next day to make a fence. I just keep them 1 space apart, like any other tree, and fill the space with a holly bush. Once I have that completed, I might get rid of the mature plants.

I have a couple of plants that I keep to spawn shoots. I've been planting those alongside paths and chopping them the next day to make a fence. I just keep them 1 space apart, like any other tree, and fill the space with a holly bush. Once I have that completed, I might get rid of the mature plants.

Chopping them down and keeping as a fence is such a good idea!

i just put flowers all around them and no shoots appear! i only have three, i used to have millions, thank god i cornered them!

I used to just dig them up, but it gets really annoying. I started to plant flowers around my bamboo shoots to hopefully calm them down a bit ;;

Chopping them down and keeping as a fence is such a good idea!

Thanks! I got the idea from someone online a while back. Here's a pic of what it looks like from a blog post I made. It wraps around my train station, then I have another path that heads into town.

These were chopped after 1 day of growth. If you let them grow more, they'll be taller, thicker, and green.

I used to have a little bamboo patch, and I got so annoyed with the shoots growing everywhere every day. I didn't know that flowers stopped them, so I put designs around each one and it looked horrible. I always dug up the shoots and sold them, but I got tired of it. I ended up axing down and digging up the whole bamboo patch because I was so angry with it all. xD

I used to use a buffer of Flora that's 2 spaces from the bamboo. If it's one space, which it's a forced spawn, it will wilt because it's too close to the other bamboo shoot.

Back