• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How to not be awful. A step by step guide.

Pfff my player wears glasses and a crown...

and I'm not 13 X'D like at all, I'm older than that x

I just do it to show off how much money I have
(plus the small crown is really cute tho)

Haha ;)
I do try to avoid club tortimer now just due to the amount of kids on there who can't seem to behave properly around other people.
I've had all sorts of swearing at me when they didn't get as many medals in the tours and setting it up to look like they're getting scammed, holding others on the island....etc ;) I do believe they're all very young and just trying to assert a bit of authority. Doesn't make it any better though
Great guide ;)

Well, I'm less than thirteen... *Cough Don't Kill me Cough* I do occasionally wear Triangle shades, cause i think of Dirk from Homestuck.

As long as you behave it's not a problem ;) but a lot of young players younger than thirteen...just act like kids D: (doh!) which is normal since they actually are kids. They run everywhere, shake or cut all trees, beg for money and items all the time, don't follow the rules, steal, just do anything in mini games, are rude to people...well they are just playing XD

So when I'm going to an Island and the three other players tell me they are 6, 7, and 9 years old, I wish them a good day and go elsewhere and I'm sure we are all happier that way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know! It's odd. Almost every time I'm on CT and see someone wearing a crown, either the wifi gets cut or they harass people there. ._.

My favorite thing to do when people act up is turn my DS off. They can't get satisfaction if you don't play their lame games.

Usually it's also the ones always begging for money, I don't get it, that crown cost like 1,5 mil, even I didn't buy until my house and everything else were built. If they need money that bad, they could just sell it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pfff my player wears glasses and a crown...

and I'm not 13 X'D like at all, I'm older than that x

I just do it to show off how much money I have
(plus the small crown is really cute tho)

If your character is a girl, it's okay, they are just trying to be cute. If not and you behave, it's okay too XD but a lot of jerks are show off haha :p

I know right, people are sooo mean like what do they accomplish on doing that. Like do they want to say " I was a jerk today at Club Tortimor, 10 poins to Gryffindor!"

- - - Post Merge - - -

That really sucks. Some people on the island are awful, which is why I usually go alone. I don't see how being a jerk like that is fun.

It really isn't fun to anyone when people are being jerks I actually experienced one myself in my early days of new leaf....

Last edited:
Wow.... if people on CT really are that bad, what's the point of even going? I've never stepped foot in there, and I don't even know it's worth it... Is it? I'm too scared to go. lol

Wow.... if people on CT really are that bad, what's the point of even going? I've never stepped foot in there, and I don't even know it's worth it... Is it? I'm too scared to go. lol

there are exclusive items sold only at Club Tortimer and not at your town's regular island shop. (although, you could easily buy them from people here or at other forums for a price).

and there are some cool people to meet and go on tours with, and it's also interesting to encounter people from other countries.

there are exclusive items sold only at Club Tortimer and not at your town's regular island shop. (although, you could easily buy them from people here or at other forums for a price).

and there are some cool people to meet and go on tours with, and it's also interesting to encounter people from other countries.

Oh, I see. Although I'm still kinda unsure about it, I may check it out in the future, but ehhhhhh I don't know.

Haha I hate those kinds of people. I've come across some real d**ks on the island, just begging for money etc. It's just disrespectful and annoying.

Oh and those people who are like 'I WON'T LET YOU LEAVE UNTIL YOU GIVE ME crown/money/expensive anything)'. I just find it funny though because I'm just like 'haha yeah right' and flick the wifi :p

Last edited:
Sounds awful. I don't even want to get Club Tortimer from all of the negative things I've read on the forums. Its not worth it to me.

Why did you resurrect a year old post?
Half of the commenters are gone and that kids probably not even around anymore...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Still, I've only ran into a few jerkwads on the islands, most are nice.

Oh wow, sorry you had to deal with someone like that.
I remember that game as well, haven't played it in ages, but when I would play with others on the island on that game, I would take out all the items from the house and put thm on the ground so it would be easier to finish the hunt. Luckily we can block people now and leave instantly if we want.

How can one be that evil! I will not be able to stand that kind of players! I'm so sorry that you have to experience that...

I seriously don't understand why people would want to be on Animal Crossing of all games. FRICKEN ANIMAL CROSSING!!!! The whole point (or at least one of the main points) of the game is to make friends with other villagers! Idk it just baffles me, but then again, they're more than likely just little kids who don't know any better lol.

Back