• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

(Hypothetical) Animal Crossing Dating Sim

bidoof

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Or Friendship Sim if you prefer!

Pfft, I have been teaching myself how to work with Ren'Py (a visual novel program) but at the moment I already have enough on my plate as it is without adding writing, coding, and creating art for a dating sim on top of it all. If someone else or a team of people do it, they may have my first born. Maybe one of these days though, but if I could any time soon or if any of you could, what exactly would you love to see in a game like that?

Which villagers or Special Characters would you want to befriend? What sort of routes/endings can you think up? How do the relationships progress? Gimme the details, imaging it is part of the fun~!

Nah not into it. I mean if you consider that the characters are canonically around 12 (based on the movies info).... a dating sim is pretty disgusting even ignoring the fact that they're cartoon animals lol.

As for friendship simulator.... animal crossing already is a friendship simulator. So I guess I don't really get it.

Nah not into it. I mean if you consider that the characters are canonically around 12 (based on the movies info).... a dating sim is pretty disgusting even ignoring the fact that they're cartoon animals lol.

As for friendship simulator.... animal crossing already is a friendship simulator. So I guess I don't really get it.

If you are not into dating sims then that is okay! I am personally not interested in romance either. I do not remember canonized ages from the movie, but I do headcanon most of the Peppy and Lazy villagers to be children anyway.

To clarify, when I speculate about a dating sim I am thinking more about the Smug villagers, who all definitely seem older. In-game player characters are children and honestly the only thing about the Smug personality that bothers me is that a lot of dialogue can be taken as flirtatious.

True, but a visual novel could take it in a different direction. It is a bit hard for me to describe how I view it since mileage may vary, but to me it would be like reading fanfiction that gives you the occasional choice with an end goal rather than playing the main series game which continues forever. NL villagers are basically friends with you from the get go, but making friendships with them is not critical to the game. Getting their picture is nice and all, but a player can ignore their villagers for however long they want until they move away.

That is how I view it, it is totally okay if you have a differing opinion.

i... have literally no idea, but the furries love isabelle
also add the scootman because everyone loves him
1920x1080.jpeg

honestly it's super niche, i don't know since i'm not into furries or like dating sims

Heya! Otome gamedev right here.
I think it'd be fine if you specify that they're 18+ beforehand but keep in mind that Nintendo is really iffy about fangames. There's a pretty big chance you'll be striken down if you mention any of the properties ;-;
I don't necessarily agree with those saying it's weird considering a good portion of the animal crossing community does ship their villagers with their characters.
I had considered doing something similar with kemonomimis but based on the last AC fangame that got striken down I'd be careful. Nintendo is not indiegame friendly sadly.

:0000 im not a furry,, i am very interested
I agree with rooftops on the kemonomimi idea !! i would love to see your take on slightly humanizing the villagers -but yeah,, sadly, like everyone else said, nintendo isnt indiegame friendly so be careful ;;

I just visited Alex?s town. We acted like butts and played games together on the island. I stole just about each piece of fruit I could find in his town. Ah yes. Friendship.

Back