• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I absolutely love my best friend.

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I have went through my entire life without having any real friends. Elementary school and high school were torture for me. It was a very sad point in my life. It always seemed like I was the problem. My confidence in myself was super low. The lack of support from my teachers didn’t help. Online was my escape. Literally, the only thing I wanted was one good friend. I wanted a friend that actually cared about me and wanted to talk to me. I never thought in a million years I would meet my best friend on an Animal Crossing forum.

I was going through a difficult time when we met. I was in a relationship with an emotionally abusive online girlfriend. I was emotionally distressed every single day because of that girl, and the only reason I didn’t collapse was because my best friend was there for me. She was telling me all the insulting things I heard were wrong. She was the one who convinced me that I was beautiful. She was the one who has supported me through all my good decisions, and through all my bad decisions. She was there for me through the good times and the bad. She stayed up one night to calm me down when my abusive girlfriend had me crying. My best friend was the one who convinced me to leave all the toxic people. She was the one who convinced me that I truly do deserve happiness. This girl is an absolute blessing in my life, and I feel very lucky to have her as my best friend. I do not trust people easily, but I would trust this girl with my life.

I want her to know that she is very special to me. I haven’t had a bond like this with anyone else. I wish her nothing but happiness, because that’s what she deserves. Through her anxiety and the hard times in her life, I want her to know I will always be there for her. I feel so privileged to have someone has beautiful and sweet not only in my life, but as my best friend. I hope one day she is able to see herself in my eyes. Only then, will she know how amazing she is. She is the best friend I could ever ask for, and I love her to death. <3

Tbh I thought people who actually gave others emotional support and really, really cared were non-existent (I suffer from depression really badly, but for some reason everyone I know says that people need to help themselves???). Though you give me a bit of hope, maybe I'll find someone like that someday. I'm really happy for you for finding such a close, awesome friend :D

Back