• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I ALMOST got NL early!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom.Nook

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
5 Envelopes
So today i was calling around stores trying to find one that was selling New Leaf early... and my local Shopko said they had them!! I rushed my butt over immediately and went to the gaming isle and sure enough... One copy of new leaf was sitting on the rack in its big anti-thief pastic case. I snatched it quickly and headed to check out... my worst fear was realized when the computer said "error, product not released yet, please confirm with manager to finalize sale." I panicked a little, but played aloof: "What? I'm pretty sure the games been out for a bit." They completely bought my story. Many of them agreed they had seen the game before and they thought it was released (I'm sure they had mixed it up with WildWorld or something). Eventually the manager came and after 20 minutes of research on the computer he finally figured out the game didn't release till the 9th... I walked out of the store empty handed... :(

Awwww, at least there's only a few days left so it's not that big of a deal!

Dang!! I'm going to be calling stores tomorrow. I hope that situation doesn't happen to me!

Do any other stores by you have the game? I'm sorry!

Can't you guys seriously be patient enough to wait like what, 3 or 4 more days?
It's really irritating to Europeans and Australians who have to wait an extra 5/6 days for the game, and then we see you guys being 'ZOMG I GOTZ IT EARLYYYYYY'

Not to mention there many are poor families out there who can't even afford the game, no matter how much their child wants it. At least you're actually getting the game, so be thankful, and just wait another 3 or 4 days and get it for yourself. Because it's really annoying.

Sincerely, the mature members of TBT.

Either way what it comes down to is having to wait. It never hurts to try and get it early though. Chill man.

Hey, I am mature. I'm 20. I go to college. I'm a manager at a restaurant. I work from 2 PM to closing time, 45 hours a week. I make my own money, and I spend it how I want.

And I am thankful. For my hardwork. And if some minimum-wage grunt at Walmart puts out the game early by accident because they don't care, you betcha I'm gonna take advantage of that situation! :cool: CALL ALL THE WALMARTS

Sincerely,
The people who really want to play the game

Is there Walmarts in Australia?

There's nothing wrong with being hyped enough to want to get the game early. And just because others have different situations doesn't meen that "being mature" is about sitting at the golf club with my legs crossed and a plate of tea and crumpets in my hand waiting patiently for the game to release.

Hey, I am mature.
And if some minimum-wage grunt at Walmart

I'm not even going to bother with this because clearly I am superior to everyone here with an open mind, like really.

"The people who really want to play the game"
Jake. said:
Not to mention there many are poor families out there who can't even afford the game, no matter how much their child wants it.

Just because you were lucky enough to be born into a better off family, why does that give you priority over poor people, who aren't so lucky?
Can't you just be thankful that you actually have been given the opportunity to get the game at all, and respect the release date... Like honestly.

Now I am leaving this thread because **** is gonna go down simply because #people.

Sorry for trying to be respectful of poor people. It's because I am socio and cultural literate, and you are not.

Last edited:
I know we're all excited and willing to try and get the game early if we can. Even I would try myself at getting it early. Though, I'd rather stay patient considering those who pre-ordered are probably bound to get them late... What's another day or so of waiting?
Besides, cancelling an order this late when we're so close... It seems like a dumb move just to get the game a bit earlier. I'd rather the copy ordered be secure and guaranteed to arrive instead of rushing to a store late in the day and see that they've sold out by the time I got there... That would be the worst...

Wow, I can't believe they made you wait around for 20 minutes and still not let you buy the game they had put on the shelves. Good try though!

It's really irritating to Europeans and Australians who have to wait an extra 5/6 days for the game, and then we see you guys being 'ZOMG I GOTZ IT EARLYYYYYY'

Not to mention there many are poor families out there who can't even afford the game, no matter how much their child wants it. At least you're actually getting the game, so be thankful, and just wait another 3 or 4 days and get it for yourself. Because it's really annoying.

Relax, friend. Everyone's excited for the game, and if you could get a copy early you would be excited too. And what's this nonsense about poor families? Might as well sell your 3DS and all your games and give the money to Toys for Tots if you're going to dispute the morality of buying a video game.

Jake, I work hard for the money I have. I've taken on side-work to be able to get the game. Just because it's something I'd like to do with friends. Yes there are people out there that won't be able to afford it for their children, but why is that any reason to be judgmental of those that can get the game at all? It doesn't change anything.

I'm not even going to bother with this because clearly I am superior to everyone here with an open mind, like really.

"The people who really want to play the game"

Just because you were lucky enough to be born into a better off family, why does that give you priority over poor people, who aren't so lucky?
Can't you just be thankful that you actually have been given the opportunity to get the game at all, and respect the release date... Like honestly.

Now I am leaving this thread because **** is gonna go down simply because #people.

Sorry for trying to be respectful of poor people. It's because I am socio and cultural literate, and you are not.

Um, his point was only that you should be thankful you can afford the game because not everyone can. I'm really not sure how that is disrespectful to poor people...

I am superior to everyone here
lol

Glorious Thread #2 Incoming

Last edited:
Born into a better off family?! LOL

Oh, if you only knew. My family is so rich, bro. I'm so rich, I have to do things like work-my-butt-off at a restaurant to go from a regular worker to a manager. And because my parents are so rich I do things like, pay for my own school bills. And my own truck. And my own gas, insurance, phone bills, rent, games, food and whatever else I may do for fun.

Still not sure how being falsely judgmental of my personal background has anything to do with the early release of New Leaf, but I can't wait for the game to come out!

Is anyone else going to try and get the game early? I'm getting up early just to call every store within a 50 mile radius of here!

I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if any of my local stores have it. Not because I'm impatient but if the opportunity is there, take it!

If you may have been able to get the game considerably early, you'd be excited, too. So don't rain on people's parade who did or almost did. Bringing factors like less fortunate people is absolutely irrelevant. But it really just sounds like you're butt hurt about your release date being 6 days later than North America, in which case it's you who can't seem to wait.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you may have been able to get the game considerably early, you'd be excited, too. So don't rain on people's parade who did or almost did. Bringing factors like less fortunate people is absolutely irrelevant. But it really just sounds like you're butt hurt about your release date being 6 days later than North America, in which case it's you who can't seem to wait.

Am I the only one who isn't making the connection between trying to get the game early and disrespecting poor people? o_O

As for me... well I have the bundle pre-ordered so I'll be waiting for it to be shipped anyhow. I'm not offended by anyone trying to get it early. Like Jake said.... it's only a few more days for me anyways?

Okay, if the fighting/proving each other wrong doesn't stop I'm going to close the thread.
If any of you have a problem, report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back