• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I had 10 villagers in my town, but one moved out and I have a question!

Leanne

Picture me in Wonderland~
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
Today I woke up to Punchy leaving. Him leaving is not really a big problem because I don't have attachments to any of my villagers.

What I don't like is that his house was in a great spot. I haven't been able to play too much lately so he never notified me he was leaving. Without him my town has 9 villagers. My question is, will someone move in randomly or must I invite someone from the campsite? I'm asking because I need to do the reset trick to place the new house in a good spot, and I'm not sure what will happen since I already have 9.

Thank you! ^^

No one will move in randomly. You'll get it by wifi, streetpass, or the campsite.

But you can invite someone to your town. If you want that spot open for a while, turn off streetpass and don't let anyone who sent a villager to the void into your town.

Last edited:
If you have 9, then the 10th villager should either be picked up by another persons town where the villager is moving, or in your campsite ^^ the tenth villager never randomly moves in.

No one will move in randomly. You'll get it by wifi, streetpass, or the campsite.

But you can invite someone to your town. If you want that spot open for a while, turn off streetpass and don't let anyone who sent a villager to the void into your town.

I don't streetpass with people (no one plays here so I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted to hahaha). Would that be fine? I like checking for new Nintendo houses with Digby.

As for Wi-Fi, do you mean I shouldn't invite anyone who recently had someone move too? There's someone I play with almost every night so I want to take precautions and don't have a villager move to a good spot.

Thank you for your answers ^^.

I don't streetpass with people (no one plays here so I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted to hahaha). Would that be fine? I like checking for new Nintendo houses with Digby.

As for Wi-Fi, do you mean I shouldn't invite anyone who recently had someone move too? There's someone I play with almost every night so I want to take precautions and don't have a villager move to a good spot.

Thank you for your answers ^^.

Streetpass:
So if you don't streetpass with anyone, then that's fine. You'll still get Nintendo homes even if it's off.

Wifi:
When I say sent to the void, I mean someone who wasn't 'adopted'. It's happened to me. :/ Or someone moving the same day that ends up not being adopted.

Surely getting someone from the wifi void thing IS a random move in?

Yes there's control by not wifing. But there's no control if you do, especially as it doesn't always happen.

Did that make sense? :S

Last edited:
Surely getting someone from the wifi void thing IS a random move in?

Yes there's control by not wifing. But there's no control if you do, especially as it doesn't always happen.

Did that make sense? :S

Well yeah. But that's the only time it would be random, right? Unless you knew ahead of time that someone was moving out and still let them in.

Back