• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I just had a thought about reading all these "spoilers" about the game

If you don't want too spoil yourself, then I suggest stop. Personally I don't mind spoiling myself. I like to know everything about the game.

If you feel the few spoilers you have read are going to ruin the experience for you, then you should stop reading them.
But we are not you, and therefore we can't tell you if reading lots of spoilers is going to ruin the game for you or not.
Only you will know the answer to that. :eek:

You can't really spoil AC, it has the same plot every game

all you'll be doing is learning of new features..

Exactly what Jake said.

You're not spoiling anything unless you're reading guides on how to do things.
Looking at the different features would be like looking at the back of the box.

I feel the same way as the OP, honestly. I don't think knowing any amount of this game is going to spoil it for me though. I'm going to be just as thrilled and surprised when I get it knowing everything or knowing nothing.

Take a half and half approach. Look, but don't look too hard, and don't look at every single detail. :]

You can't really spoil AC, it has the same plot every game

all you'll be doing is learning of new features..

That's why I haven't watched video or read any article AC related in over a year. I want all the new features to be a surprise so I have no idea what to expect. I want everything to be shock after shock for me ;P

The only "spoiler" I know of is the new swimming ability.

If you consider it spoilers, stop reading. That's all I can suggest.

Personally, I only consider story information for video games a spoiler. Animal Crossing has a lot of text, but it doesn't really have a story. So I don't think it's a spoiler to read about the features or gameplay or anything. But that's just how I see things.

I was all over reading everything I could get my eyes on shortly after the release in Japan thinking the game wasn't going to be that far off for North America. However now with everything so vague I've stopped aside from just talking about it and focusing on any updated news about the release. At this point everything I've seen thus far will have disappeared completely from my mind by the time it gets here. For all I know I might be 102 with no memory of anything at this rate! LOL (Yes I'll still be whining about how much I want the game though.. even without any teeth!) :D

If you consider them to be spoilers for you, then don't look at them :3
Personally, I like to look at things just to see what I'm going to be able to do and how I'm going to be able to do them. This is a game where I wouldn't like going in not knowing what my character will look like or what answering questions a certain way will do for me, but that's just me.
If you prefer to discover those things on your own, then by all means, avoid spoiler-y looking threads :)

Personally, i always make up stories about the relationships of villagers based on their dialogue, to me this is what keeps the ''story'' interesting, so no spoilers for me! ;)

When I was younger, I was obsessed with spoilers for everything (games, music, movies...), but as I've grown older I've discovered it's more exciting to go into something with little to no idea what to expect. I don't know anything about ACNL and I intend to keep it that way until the game releases.

I was wondering too if I'd regret seeing so much before I actually have the game. Like, for example I saw pictures of the options of the upgrades to the town hall. But, I wonder too if they might be different for different regions like the neighbor house styles in CF.

Visualize a kid in an old fashioned candy shop. The kid looks at the jars of different kinds of candies, salivating and trying to figure out which candy he wants. Then when his mama finally buys him some, he likes it that much more because the anticipation has enhanced his desire for and enjoyment of the candy.

That's the way I am with New Leaf. I love watching the videos and the anticipation of it all. For me, that will make the game that much more fun when I finally have it.

But as others have said, you know yourself best. If you don't want to see "spoilers", then it would be better to avoid them.

For me, I'll probably forget the new things I learned about the game early-on. Like with Pokemon Platinum, I basically knew every little thing about the game but I still found it fun. But with Pokemon games, every player's game will have the exact same storyline, characters, and the experience is almost the same. I think with Animal Crossing, each town and each player's experience is unique. That's why I don't mind reading spoilers about this game.

Alright, I guess I think differently than everyone else on here but...what is the big deal? This isn't an RPG or action game, where we are showing you the final boss. It is a game that can be played very very differently by each person individually. How I play it will be different than you, how you unlock things will be done in a different order than how I did it. Even if you watch my videos where I go around my town, that cannot possibly ruin the experience because YOURS will be your own, and very unique. Unless you are one of those people that want to know nothing going into it...than I ask why did you post here in the first place? You took a big risk coming into a forum where people are openly discussing the game.

I can't find myself being spoiled by information on a game like Animal Crossing. Seeing something and then getting to experience in person are two different things. I'm going to experience the game and take things from the game in a totally different way than anyone else who plays the game. So I'm not worried about spoiling my good time. :)

Back