• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I just had a thought about reading all these "spoilers" about the game

For me, reading about the upcoming features in Animal Crossing is no more a "spoiler" for my enjoyment than learning what rides are at the County Fair this year. I might know what to expect before I go in, but that doesn't mean I enjoy the actual personal experience any less. ;)

Each to their own, if you want to walk into NL blindly then by all means do so, enjoy the excitement of finding every detail out as you go.

To me Animal Crossing is a style of game that doesn't matter if I know every single detail about the game before I play, since its not exactly story driven and is more about customisation with randomisation.

Its not like it could tell you something like <name> <does something> during the <event> at the <storypoint> or something.
Theres no epic storyline which warrants shutting it off from the world before play imo.

To me games like Zelda Series / Mass Effect series / any TV show I'm watching I avoid at all costs.

If I find out the next Animal Crossing implements something that I wanted to see in New Leaf, I wouldn't complain.

You have had exactly the same thoughts as me. I am not letting myself watch or read any spoilers because I think it would ruin the game for me, although it is hard. I only come on this website every few weeks to see if there is a release date yet, and I don't read any spoilers. I think it will be worth it in the long run if you avoid spoilers. It will be hard, but worth it. Be content with what you already know because I am sure you already know tons.

Visualize a kid in an old fashioned candy shop. The kid looks at the jars of different kinds of candies, salivating and trying to figure out which candy he wants. Then when his mama finally buys him some, he likes it that much more because the anticipation has enhanced his desire for and enjoyment of the candy.

That's the way I am with New Leaf. I love watching the videos and the anticipation of it all. For me, that will make the game that much more fun when I finally have it.

But as others have said, you know yourself best. If you don't want to see "spoilers", then it would be better to avoid them.

This!!

Nah.

I'm a perfectionist, so I want to decide in advance everything I want that will permanently affect me/my town. I'm really hoping lots of info and guides are out by the time I start playing because I don't want to screw things up, miss anything, or waste time figuring fudgebunniesandheck out. I wanna be able to Google any question I have. :p So, with that being said, I don't have a problem with spoilers. I think the game experience will still be completely enjoyable and special. It'll be more enjoyable for me since I'll know what I'm doing (hopefully). I'd be very frustrated if I ruined my face or missed something special.

To each their own, I 'pose. :D

Last edited:
I love spoilers lol. To me, in AC they're just sorta like guides. Like I always want a decent face so I google how to get it. Also I google how to get major things so that when I get the game i'm not wondering what my goals are.

I'm going to read into the face/hair thing and whatnot, main things, and things that affect the entire game from the start.

But little easter eggs and treats that Nintendo has hiding for me for me to find? No thanks. Although I can't really avoid them. It's unfortunate I saw the Aurora Borealis by accident in a blog. And the igloo. And all that jazz.

However, things like how to get the Golden tools? Of course I will. Like honestly, who the hell would have figured out how to get the Golden Axe in previous games on their own. Like, seriously. LOL. I mean, even the Golden Shovel I doubt I'd ever figure out. I don't think I'd walk into my Animal Crossing game and just think, hey, I should bury this shovel.

Back