• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I know this is a weird question...

XTheLancerX

Dedicated Gamer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
What exactly would you call the creatures you catch on the floor of the ocean? I can't think of just a simple one-word name. Bugs and fish are easy but these are "Ocean Creatures", "Creatures found in the ocean", I have no idea... any good, simple ideas? Lol I know it is a very strange question.

My first thought was shellfish... but they're not all shellfish are they? Now I'm really curious what they'll call it haha maybe they'll all be under "fish".

I could have sworn I'd heard someone say what the English translation of these guys was. But I have no idea where to look for it. o.o;

In the english gameplay at PAX or w/e when they showed the tours, the diving ones said 'catch shellfish'

Crustaceans is what I would have thought of too, but I secretly refer to them as what Mayor Joshy calls them: "Those little critters that are found by diving on the sea floor"

Marine life?

OT, It reminds me that Finding Dory was announced today! :D

I would have guessed bottom dwellers. But now you've pointed it out that seems too long for quick referal.
Can we just call them Spongebobs? Everytime I see them on videos I always imagine the things living quietly in bikini bottom and then suddenly being kidnapped by the large headed humans.

And Finding Dory was announced? O:

lol I think I might just go for crustaceans although it may not fit for all of them... These are some pretty good ideas and thank you! I really just never knew what to call them haha I guess we will see when it comes out...

I can't believe it is already just 2 months away! If you think about it, that is not a very long time! I am so happy too because I get off for summer vacation June 10th, one day after I get this game!!!! :D

Oh and one more thing - will you get anything for completing the collection of crustaceans? I just thought of this a second ago and it would be cool to find out because one of my favorite things about these games is completing the collections of bugs fish ect and getting those awesome golden tools xP

I've got the guide with me and I can tell the characters are a little more complicated than the basic alphabets so I'm having trouble making a direct translation. I don't know if it's another way of spelling crustacean but when I type that in I get this 甲殻類, and it's only slightly similar to what the guide text looks like. I'm pretty stumped.

I've got the guide with me and I can tell the characters are a little more complicated than the basic alphabets so I'm having trouble making a direct translation. I don't know if it's another way of spelling crustacean but when I type that in I get this 甲殻類, and it's only slightly similar to what the guide text looks like. I'm pretty stumped.

I just put that into a translator and it actually came up with 'Crustaceans' so... I guess that's what they're called! :D

I just put that into a translator and it actually came up with 'Crustaceans' so... I guess that's what they're called! :D

I think he's saying he searched crustacean to compare words and posted that. And that the word for crustacean given by the translator isn't an exact match for whats in the guides.

You're exactly right. *She lol

Whoops sorry! I think I got confused on who posted which part of the convo there.
Are you able to post the word used by the guide here? Not that I'd be much help in translating, but maybe someone can?

You shouldn't really trust translators... They get in wrong like, 60% of the time.

Yeah, I've had that problem before, which was why I was surprised that it actually came up with that exact translation!

Back