I need some advice on a certain villager

Cetoddle769

I also play Pokemon
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Today I’ve been debating whether or not I should kick out Raymond and have Cephalobot move in via amiibo card. Raymond was my first campsite visitor on my main island, while Cephalobot was my first campsite visitor on my regular switch island. I’ve grown to really like Cephalobot, and lately I’ve been finding Raymond to be a blind jerk (he’s mean to me but not on purpose). Should I remove Raymond and get Cephalobot instead? I really like the octopus villagers and I’ve been feeling kind of guilty ever since Octavian moved out so Faith could move in. I’m feeling very conflicted right now. Any advice?

It wouldn’t make a difference in terms of dialogue if you were to swap Raymond with Cephalobot. Both are smug villagers, so they’re going to have similar speech patterns regardless. Look at it this way: would you rather keep a villager for longevity purposes but sort of dislike, or replace them with a former villager from elsewhere that you really want to have again? In my opinion, moving in Cephalobot to replace Raymond sounds like the better choice.

I felt nearly the same way when I made the decision to let Coco go. She was one of my starting five back in March 2020, and the only reason she stayed for over three years was because of how unique of a villager she was to randomly get. Eventually, the novelty wore off with her, and I replaced her with Caroline, who is still on my island today.

Certain villagers simply stick with you all throughout the town’s existence and even between games mostly because of how much you’ve personally grown to like them (Mallary, Dotty and Lopez being good examples for me), while others act more like passerby. It’s a mental thing really - this series can have the often-overlooked effect of you growing attached to specific villagers depending on how often you play. If you don’t want Raymond around your island anymore, don’t feel bad letting him go. You’re not hurting anyone by replacing him with Cephalobot. If you feel as if you’re going to regret moving out Raymond later on, then let him stay. It’s ultimately up to you.

I think you should switch out Raymond . Seems you really Cephalobot. If for some reason you later regret it you can always bring Raymond back. I tend to overthink letting villagers go. Luckily it’s pretty easy to get most villagers back.

Back