• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I really hope they add mining to AC:3ds

Oh yes one aspect of a game makes it a copy. Harvest moon is about taking care of animals planting crops getting married and having a child which isn't animal crossing.

If you want mining get Harvest Moon.

I did type IMO in that post for a reason..

But harvest moon and animal crossing are two different experiences. If you were to play harvest moon for mining it wouldn't feel like animal crossing. Cause people could say, well you want swimming? go play Endless Ocean. But they're two different experiences.

Garrett is right though. Taking one aspect of a game and adding it to another shouldn't mean it's copying or ruining an experience.
Harvest Moon offers a lot more than Animal Crossing when it comes to hard manual labor. Like owning a farm, tending crops, animals, mining, buying and trading, and eventually raising a family.
Animal Crossing is, or was, about moving to a town, getting a quick jump job to boost your chances of paying your mortgage, and then furthering your house.
Anything added to Animal Crossing to make it more enjoyable, I'm for it. I would even soften up and say I'd accept cooking if they could implement it to where it feels like AC.

Garrett is right though. Taking one aspect of a game and adding it to another shouldn't mean it's copying or ruining an experience.
Harvest Moon offers a lot more than Animal Crossing when it comes to hard manual labor. Like owning a farm, tending crops, animals, mining, buying and trading, and eventually raising a family.
Animal Crossing is, or was, about moving to a town, getting a quick jump job to boost your chances of paying your mortgage, and then furthering your house.
Anything added to Animal Crossing to make it more enjoyable, I'm for it. I would even soften up and say I'd accept cooking if they could implement it to where it feels like AC.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY. Okay enough of that, I couldn't agree more.

My opinion still stands.

It's a sound opinion and you've got a good point to it.
Mining could add too much to AC and take away the feel of the game.
Just like being the mayor, and being able to place houses and buildings, and everything else that is being added. It's a shot in the dark because the game won't be the same and it's really hard to tell how a lot of people are going to react to it when the game finally comes around.

Nice Idea

I hadn't thought about adding mining to the game but I like it. I agree that after a while elements of Animal Crossing games can wear thin. This is a game for the long haul so filling it with as many different things to do as possible is a great idea. I always hated fishing but found it the best way for me to make money. Having other lucrative ways of generating cash would be a real plus. But I agree with some of the other points made. Especially about it not becoming like other games. It needs to keep that gentle relaxed pace that made it so different. But as long as nothing in the game becomes compulsery than I don't see it becoming a problem. What makes this game such a pleasure is you play it how you want it and no one can make you do something you do not want to do. Lets hope this spirit is not lost.

We really need a new way of making bells and I think mining would be a great addition to the game. Here are some things I would like mining to inclued:

A mine that would allow you to find gems, minerals and, fossils.

A mining section in the museum.

The best gems/minerals would be found during months that don't have very good bugs and fish.

Resseti and his brother would live in the mine and would give you a pick axe, so you can start mining.

When you are diving you might discover an underwater mine, which would have exclusive gems, minerals, and fossils.

Y'know, this actually might be similar to what will happen when you dive underwater, as showing in the trailer. I like your ideas, though. :)

not to be rude or anything if this is resolved past the first two posts forgive me. THIS IS GETTING OLD!!! YOU GUYS ARE SHOOTING DOWN GREAT IDEAS LIKE MINING FOR ONE EXCUSE... "It will make the game to much like harvest moon!" This sounds so stupid! Harvest moon will never be as good as animal crossing. And personally, I would love a new hobby to do in AC. And by far mining would be my favorite. Stop using this excuse! aarg!

not to be rude or anything if this is resolved past the first two posts forgive me. THIS IS GETTING OLD!!! YOU GUYS ARE SHOOTING DOWN GREAT IDEAS LIKE MINING FOR ONE EXCUSE... "It will make the game to much like harvest moon!" This sounds so stupid! Harvest moon will never be as good as animal crossing. And personally, I would love a new hobby to do in AC. And by far mining would be my favorite. Stop using this excuse! aarg!

Nobody is arguing anymore. And don't double post, it's against the rules.

If you want mining get Harvest Moon.

I did type IMO in that post for a reason..

Just because you typed 'IMO' doesnt make you invulnerable to others disagreeing with what you say.

On thread: If they could take out the stupid observatory I bet they could implement mining into AC:3DS. Did any of you like the observatory? I thought it was a waste I used it maybe once or twice to make a triforce that came out awful hah! I only looked at the sky in AC too either see the Northern lights or if a present swooped by.

Just because you typed 'IMO' doesnt make you invulnerable to others disagreeing with what you say.

On thread: If they could take out the stupid observatory I bet they could implement mining into AC:3DS. Did any of you like the observatory? I thought it was a waste I used it maybe once or twice to make a triforce that came out awful hah! I only looked at the sky in AC too either see the Northern lights or if a present swooped by.

I don't think they'd actually need to remove it, the 3DS cards can handle a lot. I liked the observatory, although i didn't use it much.

Back