• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Identifying a cheese

Reginald Fairfield

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Final Boss Bunny Balloon
Hot Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Before covid a local grocery store had a free sample table set up with various meats and cheeses on crackers. I was not prepared for the one I picked up. It tasted like the smell of a public restroom. I rushed out of the store and found a trash can to put it in. I'd like to know what this was.

I have since enjoyed brie and camembert. I did just have a teleggio and that intentionally smells and tastes of sweaty feet, so I'm leaning toward a washed rind cheese. Grocery stores don't usually put out such stinky cheeses for a free sample table, but this store doesn't usually have a free sample table.

I love cheese. Somehow I've never had the displeasure of a bad smelling one. (I guess because growing up with my mother and she's always been very prompt about tossing things out that are going bad).

I wonder if we all have a different perception in how we smell different kinds of cheeses.

I love cheese. Somehow I've never had the displeasure of a bad smelling one. (I guess because growing up with my mother and she's always been very prompt about tossing things out that are going bad).

I wonder if we all have a different perception in how we smell different kinds of cheeses.
Some are intentionally moldy and stinky. I'm guessing the blue cheese mold it different from the teleggio I just had.

One of the stinkiest cheese I know is Maroilles. I actually enjoy eating it lol.

Back