• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

If visitors talk to the villagers on main Street, might they move to their town?

Just wanted to step in and say, you actually don't need to talk to the villager to get them to move in. :) In my one town, I ended up getting Dotty from someone (I wish I could remember who it was! Their town name was Blossom.) and I was never even on their Main Street. And just today, I got Cally from lea, but I never spoke to her. So, I do think it's pretty random... Oh, and both times this happened, I had nine villagers, so it can take up your tenth spot.

They were voided then

This happens the same way you pick up villagers via streetpass. As far as I know, only voided villagers end up on main street, and they're from your void (the last 16 villagers who moved). I don't think you can actually talk to them to get them to move to you, but every time you have a visitor and/or visit someone's town you have a chance to pick up a villager from their void pool, whether you have 8 or 9 villagers. ^u^

Whoa O: This is good stuff!

Hey Bon, if you have space, I have Bruce in my void pool. It was an accident, I miss poor Brucy :c

*has anyone voided Diana, Merengue, Beau, or Butch? Got no space atm, I'm moving Marina in from my campsite*

Whoa O: This is good stuff!

Hey Bon, if you have space, I have Bruce in my void pool. It was an accident, I miss poor Brucy :c

*has anyone voided Diana, Merengue, Beau, or Butch? Got no space atm, I'm moving Marina in from my campsite*

Ohh thank you, but I actually have Bruce moving in from my cycling town soon! <3

This happens the same way you pick up villagers via streetpass. As far as I know, only voided villagers end up on main street, and they're from your void (the last 16 villagers who moved). I don't think you can actually talk to them to get them to move to you, but every time you have a visitor and/or visit someone's town you have a chance to pick up a villager from their void pool, whether you have 8 or 9 villagers. ^u^

Adopted villagers show up on main street too - just saying c:

Adopted villagers show up on main street too - just saying c:

Any villagers currently living in your town show up on mainstreet. But they're not looking for a new place to live, ready to be picked up by streetpass or visitors. :)

It would probably work best if you had 2 empty spaces. Since its a kind of a random move in, not an adoption or a campsite. :)

I'm lost... What's "voided" mean; how do you "adopt" a villager, and does it always mean your villager is planning a move if they hangout on Main Street? o.0

I'm lost... What's "voided" mean; how do you "adopt" a villager, and does it always mean your villager is planning a move if they hangout on Main Street? o.0

Voided means that a villager moved out and did not go to a friend's town. To adopt, you have to talk to a villager in another town who is moving and ask them to move to your town. It can also happen autonomously via streetpass or a villager can randomly decide to move to a friend's town. Not sure if it only happens if the friend visits you or if it's enough to be connected via friend code.
The hanging out on main street that's being talked about is regarding villagers who have moved out already: They sometimes visit their old town and can be seen all around the shopping district, just like your current residents. It has nothing to do with who is moving out :)

Voided means that a villager moved out and did not go to a friend's town. To adopt, you have to talk to a villager in another town who is moving and ask them to move to your town. It can also happen autonomously via streetpass or a villager can randomly decide to move to a friend's town. Not sure if it only happens if the friend visits you or if it's enough to be connected via friend code.
The hanging out on main street that's being talked about is regarding villagers who have moved out already: They sometimes visit their old town and can be seen all around the shopping district, just like your current residents. It has nothing to do with who is moving out :)

Ahhhhhh. Thank you, Sour of Abnaxus! Brain ooze abated. =}

Last edited:
How long will these old villagers remain roaming Mainstreet? I'm tired of seeing this horse at club lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

How long will they remain roaming mainstreet?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How long will they remain roaming mainstreet?

Last edited:
Back