Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
If you could travel back in time, when would you go? What time period, and why?

I have two answers... first would be the wild west. I would love to be an observer of not only the famous gunslingers and famous criminals, but the incredibly brave men who tamed the west.

Second, I want to visit myself in 1986 when I was 8 years old and playing my neighbors NES... Super Mario Bros, Excitebike and Mike Tyson's Punchout. I want to say "hey... you think NES is cool? Look what you get to see in the future". I would show my younger self my phone, which alone would be mind blowing.

When would you travel?

I'd travel back to the 80s in my community and observe quietly. Assuming if I had some money of that time period, I'd check out the snacks. They had cola in these small, stubby glass bottles back then. It was really good when it was chilled. There was also a movie theater here until someone burned it down recently. It was built in the early 1900s, 1910s, I think. I would love to check out classic films debuting that year on the big screen with a large audience.

I wouldn't do much, wouldn't want to mess up the timeline too hard.

Good question!

Just imagine me going back to the year 2017. I would have prevented myself from deleting an account I made in a website from my childhood, which would let me look at some of my oldest creations all these years later! (I know some of them may be embarrassing, but they still hold memories... T_T)

Or how about the early 2010's? The 3DS was the hit portable console, and I miss StreetPass and the Badge Arcade.

90's and 2000's would be cool too.

I’d go to the 1880s and backpack around my state of Oregon. It would be sometime in late Spring since that’s the only period when western Oregon isn’t rainy and still not too hot. I would love to see the nature back when a lot of it was still untouched. It’d be cool to see all the places I’ve lived and see how different they used to be. The state was extremely rural back then and the biggest community, Portland, only had around 17,500 people in it.

I recently lost my mom, so I'd go back far enough to warn her about things.

Or if I'm just to relive memories, probably back when I was like 10 or younger, when my parents were together and things seemed better.

I wouldn't want to tbh. Curiosity doesn't even entice me to time travel.
Id rather continue with what I got or be given a new slate and my knowledge kept.

I'd go back in the early 2000s and buy all the toys I ever wanted that are now collector and retails at over 200€ when they were like 30€ back in the day. Not only for my own collection but also to sell them haha !

i think early/mid 90s because i love computers around that time ;_; i want a windows 95 computer so bad. i'd be scared of living in any other time or going back tbh, i dont wanna catch any disease or mess things up. except, uh, maybe i'd play the numbers a little bit 👀

I'm a history nerd and would love to see ancient Greece, early through 18th century Europe, and lots of other times and places for myself. More than anything, I'd love to experience their music and musical instruments for myself. I'd love to hear the music as it was, not just as we've interpreted it. Plus, soooo much music has been lost. Especially the further back we get, of course.

However, I know that as a woman among other traits, history is not safe for me. =(

I'd have to settle for times closer to or within my lifetime. Of course, I'd love to go back to the 80s or 00s to collect G1/G3 MLP toys that I missed out on! Heck, I'd love to see which ones I actually played with as a child, because that's a mystery to me. There are some other things I'd like to view/learn about my early childhood self, but that's another story. Certainly not what this topic was looking for. Lol.

I'd love to go back to the 2000's to revisit everything I remember as a child.

I would also like to time travel to the 1980's and see what everything was like back then. I love the music from that decade!

funny i read the title of this post....was thinking about this earlier today.

uhm...if i could, i'd go back to my childhood and handle things differently. it wasn't too bad, but things definitely could've been handled a bit better. i'd hope that i would stay as the kid that i was and keep that vibrant personality and be able to go through life with it instead of, well, having to change myself for the sake of surviving the hardships in my life.

grateful for the current people and things in my life, but if i had that option to go back in time just to fix that, i would take it in a heartbeat.

Nah, wouldn't really travel back in time to be honest. As Foreverfox mentioned in another thread, it could potentially change who I am as a person if I changed events in the past, and I don't want that.

maybe I should time travel into the past to tell people that they should stop making time traveling threads in this subforum though.

three months ago, before I messed stuff up with a friend

early or mid 90s, I'd get video games I like that are super hard to get like earthbound, or klonoa

maybe I should time travel into the past to tell people that they should stop making time traveling threads in this subforum though.

I didn't know there were others, so apologies. But curious why you commented if they bother you.

Thanks for participating! ❤️

Back