• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I’m a non-TTer thinking about TTing so I can kick a villager

I didn't want to TT as well, but when I got my forced camper, Huck I had to. I also wasn't in love with my starting villagers anyways. I didn't want to spend months with villagers I hated so I spent the first little while TT to kick out whoever I didn't want on my island and found villagers I love. :) It was really time consuming at the beginning, but I felt it was worth it in the end. I just changed the clock back to regular time and have been playing normally since.

I was tempted to but decided against it mainly because we are just 2 months in and I don't need to have all my favorite villagers right away.
I was lucky enough to get some amiibo cards of some of the villagers I love though and kind of want to leave a few spots open to cycle through more villagers and meet ones I wouldn't have had in previous games.
I do wish villagers would ask to move out more frequently though.
I really miss going Island hopping.

Hello! I also have a No TT rule for ACNH but made an exception when it comes to villager acquisition because otherwise, it would take me YEARS to get villagers I like in this game. I only TT’d to do the campsite method and acquire some dreamies and some decent villagers. Once I had a decent lineup, I went back to playing the game naturally without TT. I don’t feel guilty because while I was doing the campsite method, I stuck to TTing only within a month and just went back and forth as to not spoil the seasons. Also, I didn’t take advantage of other stuff like I didn’t get the DIYs, I didn’t even go to check the stuff from the stores and didn’t do any sort of town development so it still felt pretty natural to me. I literally didn’t do anything while TTing except for checking the campsite for visitors. So, it’s pretty much just like kicking someone out with amiibo but instead of scanning them in, I TT’d for a random camper.

There really is no consequence. Weed cleanup isn’t bad, Nook mile combos are easy to get back. I still got 2 villager pictures so far even when consistently TTing to move villagers.I have so many villagers that I love that I just love meeting villagers.

These replies have been very helpful, thank you again everyone. I think for the time being I'm going to not use the TT method because my brother sent me a video for a strategy without TTing:

Hopefully I have the patience to do this. I plan on saving up nook miles in the process so I can go villager hunting when he moves out.

It’s so hard to get em without time travel... I try not too as often as I did in other stuff, but I do when I need to progress bc I’m impatient as heck,, good luck getting them to move haha

Back