• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I'm soooo stupid:(

Don't beat yourself over things like this. You didn't know they'd flick the switch. Not your fault.
I'm trying to cycle through villagers, and my sister is expecting some soon, so if we find Marina, we'll glady give her to you for free. (I tried to teach my sister that free is the way to go, and told her people pay millions.. she thinks that's ridiculous and wants to give and take for free, sos yay for teaching the youth what's the best?) :)
I hope so much that you get Marina. Scammers are jerks who will get their karma. Today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year.. It's gonna come.

Never pay before taking a villager, a host should understand to take payment after the villager is talked to.

On that note, after a trader in your town talks the the villager they are moving to their town and you see the person try to run off before making the payment, flip the wifi switch.

I'm sorry this happened to you but hopefully now you know better ^^

Last edited:
It was gamefaqs

Yeeaaahhhh..... I'm a long time member of GameFAQs. As in, since the mid-90s. People there aren't really that trustworthy in general. It's just too bad you had to learn the hard way. :( I will say that at least it's just bells. Bells are easier to get again than a lost dreamie or a lost non-orderable item.

I usually talk to the villager first and then pay, because the owner could easily flick the switch if i tried to run to the train.

Oh dear :/ but on the bright side, at least it didn't damage your game. You have to realize how ever hard you worked for them bells, they aren't real currency and can be earned back :) Just be careful! Not everyone is as nice as us.

Back