• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Important notes for JPN/SK ACNL players before playing online

ZedameX has streamed a little while ago about the last option (at 0:39:00 mark). It's about updating the data. In this option, it will check for further update datas if you accepted it. You won't have to scramble through eShop for any new ACNL update down the road.
According to him, it seems like that the wall-clip glitch in any inside room is fixed.
Ah, good. :eek: This must mean we'll be getting more updates in the near future.

When you open your Gate (or attempt to visit another town), Ekiin-san now mentions Ver. 1.1. The message "forwards" automatically, but I think it says something about connnecting only with other games which are Ver. 1.1.

Downloading the first patch:
I threw in a short game center CX clip at the end XD

The new option at the bottom of the title screen:
(Note: I can't add annotations now, I'm at work)

It seems like that they reported more fixes on there.

- Jacob's Ladder glitch: Sometimes, when a Jacob's Ladder spawn, it overwrites a square that is already occupied by anything that was there (source in Japanese here, and Google Translate English here)
- Early arrival letters after doing an island tour
- Text correction
- Duplication bug (solution has already been found)

It seems like that they reported more fixes on there.

- Jacob's Ladder glitch: Sometimes, when a Jacob's Ladder spawn, it overwrites a square that is already occupied by anything that was there
- Text correction
- Duplication bug (solution has already been found)

Oh, that was a glitch? xD It happened to me once, but it took out a pattern, so I thought that was normal.

YAY! Duplication glitch has been fixed! :D

I'm kind of sad that the early arrival of letters glitch has been fixed. ;_; It was very convenient at times.

In the past, you could force letters to arrive immediatly by going to an island tour and then coming back to your town. By the time you arrive, the mailboxes will be filled with letters that were going to be sent. Now, the patch fixed this.

Oh.

What about in CF if you opened your gate and let people come over it would push your mail, does this still exist in NL?

Opening gates doesn't force mails anymore. I've been doing this for ages, and nothing came out of it.

I've been advancing the 3DS clock, playing each day in order to bring my alternate Japanese town (the one "frozen in time" for a high Turnip price) up to date. Ever since the Ver. 1.1 patch, it sometimes experiences unusually long load times.

Been having major problems since I updated... first it took 3 tries to boot up my game... it hangs at the loading screen before the intro & music.... got it to work, played, I SWEAR I SAVED (though I could be mistaken) and when I booted up my game in the evening Resetti paid me a visit - meaning I "didn't save" ..

Whether that was my fault or not - on to today... trying to boot up the game all day and it just hangs on that loading screen before the intro. The game isn't booting for me AT ALL. :(

EDIT: Game just took 15-20 minutes to load to the intro screen.... seriously?

Last edited:
Did you tried to play without the patch for a bit? You can easily delete the patch, play the game, and then redownload the patch to see if it gets fixed.

EDIT: Have you tried to turn your wireless switch off? It might be the source of slow loading times...

Last edited:
Did you tried to play without the patch for a bit? You can easily delete the patch, play the game, and then redownload the patch to see if it gets fixed.

Thought about it - but wanted a second opinion first. Thanks so much I'll try that! :)

Another Japanese fellow had the same exact issue as you did. It took a long while for the game to load the main menu for that person as well. He/she deleted the patch, played the game, then redownloaded the patch again and it worked fine.

With all of the freezes I got so far, I might face against that long loading screen plague if I start my game with the patch installed.

Source (Japanese): http://bozumemo.blogspot.ca/2013/03/ver11ver10.html
Source (Google Translate English) : http://translate.google.ca/translat.../bozumemo.blogspot.ca/2013/03/ver11ver10.html

EDIT: So, I downloaded the patch, and it took a bit longer while to boot my game up. Though, my town is still prone to crashes while playing online. Today, I had 2 freezes.

Last edited:
Back