• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Introducing new people to animal crossing?

amped4jr88

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Have you? How do you go about it? I am THRILLED :lemon: for this game, there is just one thing that could make it better...if my boyfriend would play it with me. lol He is more of an action game kinda guy so he has never really got into it before or given it a real shot. (other than chopping down my trees) Anyone have any ideas on how I could introduce it to him and possibly get him interested. He does sorta like collecting and stuff I guess. The only thing I can really think of is try to get him started on fishing, and catching bugs? Also I would love to get other people interested as well, so have any of you guys got friends hooked on this game?

My boyfriend always made fun of me when he saw me playing Animal Crossing. One day, I handed him the controller and then I wasn't able to get it back for hours. Ok, not hours, but for long time. :D

Well, he's rather addicted to shooter like Call Of Duty and so on. :D

I really love AC but to get people into playing it is rather difficult, I guess. I have a good friend (boy) who plays Ac as well, and I'm also male. I don't talk with people about AC because they think it's gay or 'girlish'. They play Battlefield or CoD and stuff. I guess it's easier to get girls into playing this game. Just say they should try it out...

I got my best friend playing the game. Well, she only had WW and can't figure out how to play that much, but it's a start. I'm trying to get her into City Folk, and if she gets a 3Ds, I'll buy her the newest game. I tried to get my boyfriend playing City Folk (doesn't have a 3DS either), but I'm not sure that will happen. He's too busy playing Legend of Zelda games, Minecraft, and World of Warcraft to make room for it I guess. At least I tried. :p

Maybe you should ask him to make a new character and at least follow through with the tutorial? Perhaps that'd get his attention... I don't know, I'm not good at getting people into games...

In my lifetime, I've been able to get five people into playing an Animal Crossing game, but that was years ago when we were younger, I doubt I could get anyone now into playing the game. Luckily one of those five people still like Animal Crossing just like I do, and will most likely be getting AC3DS as well. :)

Last edited:
Animal Crossing is a game for patient people.

Shooters, not so much. You don't need patience to play a shooting game most of the time, you just jump in, shoot, win or lose, repeat.
Animal Crossing takes planning and waiting, taking things at an easy pace. Also, CoD sucks.

I got my best friend into it, I told her about it and she ended up getting it :D It didn't take much persuading, cause she had played it on my DS before.

I've had a couple of friends start playing it when they were skeptical and all of them ended up falling in love with it. But those were all my more sensitive and open friends. I doubt I could ever get my best friend to play it because he is just really stubborn. Then again, he does generally have faith in Nintendo.

I guess my advice is just tell him to start a character and if he doesn't like it, no big deal. He doesn't have to play it, he just has to try it.

Yeah, I have the same problem with EVERYONE I know! :3 All my friends are not 'gamers' at all, my sister defiantly isn't and yeah. However, I'm happy because my cousin (although lives an hour away from me) is in games and AC and so is her little sister. :) So I have at least some friends I can play games with!

I managed to get my old best friend to play (when we were nine lol) but she thinks it's babyish now :(
My (new since high school) best friend plays it too, but I didn't get her into it. (she's the one in my sig pic :3)
None of the boys seem to like it- they all play CoD and war games and stuff :(

I think the problem is that many people just aren't patient enough to follow through with it! I had it introduced to me, and was shown how to play, but if you don't have that, I think it's possible to get confused with instructions and random chatter from the animals. (for instance, when I first got WW, Nook or someone told me to 'go deliver this to [villager]! the house is probably unlocked, but don't forget to knock!' I spent about ten minutes standing outside [villager]'s house, trying to work out how to knock on the door. Well, I was eight.
But you see what i mean, right?!

I managed to get my old best friend to play (when we were nine lol) but she thinks it's babyish now :(
My (new since high school) best friend plays it too, but I didn't get her into it. (she's the one in my sig pic :3)
None of the boys seem to like it- they all play CoD and war games and stuff :(

I think the problem is that many people just aren't patient enough to follow through with it! I had it introduced to me, and was shown how to play, but if you don't have that, I think it's possible to get confused with instructions and random chatter from the animals. (for instance, when I first got WW, Nook or someone told me to 'go deliver this to [villager]! the house is probably unlocked, but don't forget to knock!' I spent about ten minutes standing outside [villager]'s house, trying to work out how to knock on the door. Well, I was eight.
But you see what i mean, right?!

I'm sorry but you cracked me up at "I spent about ten minutes standing outside trying to work out how to knock on the door". HAHA! Love it...

I'm sorry but you cracked me up at "I spent about ten minutes standing outside trying to work out how to knock on the door". HAHA! Love it...

Ikr! xD i was eight years old!
Thats what i mean about no clear distinction between the tutorial and chatter! xD

I've been sharing the love that is this game to pretty much any gamer I know ;)

I try to introduce all of my friends to Animal Crossing, but fail. I think the only person I've convinced to play AC was my girlfriend. :p All my friends who used to play AC with me seemed to move on to not gaming or switching gaming genres entirely.

When I first got AC:WW, my brother got it too, so I had someone to play with. He doesn't play the game anymore, but if I ever get a 3DS XL, I'll save my old 3DS and try to convince my brother to play AC:3DS when it comes out.

I introduced to of my old bestfriends to it and they loved it, but don't play it any more. Plus we aren't friends now. I recently introduced it to my boyfriend who plays xbox. He plays shooters and shooters only bar a few exceptions. He would never have even considered playing animal crossing if I didn't make him. Now he has his own villager in my town and goes on it for hours. He even wants to buy it for himself. :)

My boyfriend played it a lot, then basically pronounced he hated doing chores as a game and wasn't going to play anymore. He played on his sister's copy. She never really played after that either.

But my best friend has like the game since he was little. He has a 3DS and I'm getting him the game when it comes out. We hang out all the time, so it'll be like I have several friend that play the game. (I have a lot of gamer friends, and I am a gamer, but none that I'd SUPER wana play AC with.)

Back