• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is Hillary Clinton held to a different standard because she is a woman?

Is Hillary Clinton held to a different standard because she's a woman?

• Yes

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

Red Cat

On-and-off member
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2020-8332-2456
Tin Robot
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
I think Hillary Clinton is held to a different standard because she is a woman. I think a man with the same qualifications and problems as Hillary would be easily winning against Trump. Colin Powell used a private email server, but no one whispers a thing about his actions. A lot of people blame Hillary Clinton for stuff that Bill Clinton did, but I've never seen a male candidate get blamed for stuff his wife does. Usually, when people criticize Hillary Clinton, they paint her with a broad brush as a liar, a criminal, a crooked person, and a corrupt person, but if you ask people specifically what she has done to make her all of those things, they usually cannot cite specific examples of things she's done to back up their views of Hillary Clinton. People who dislike Trump on the other hand, are usually able to cite specific examples of things he's said r done that make him unfit to be president. Trump had 3 weeks from hell with his poor debate performances, the video of his comments about women, and about a dozen women accusing him of groping, but then one politically motivated statement from the FBI director has made the race a dead heat again even though Clinton has still never been charged with any crime. It's as if people were just looking for an excuse to justify voting for Trump after all of horrible stuff Trump has said and done, and they got it. While Trump gets the benefit of the doubt when he is accused of something, people automatically assume Clinton is guilty when she is accused of something.

I believe if Clinton loses, the United States will never have a female president. People can say it's just Hillary, but people will find the tiniest thing they can to try to disqualify the next woman to run for president. It extends to down-ballot races. The negative ads against men running for Congress are the normal political stuff, but the ads against women are brutal and personal. The way women are portrayed in political ads is a not-so-subtle attempt to discredit them by making them look like a *****. When Trump made his "look at that face" comment about Carly Fiorina during the primary, his poll numbers shot up and hers tanked. So I think it's now or never for women. If Trump wins, then every man running against a woman in the future will have the blueprint to totally destroy her.

Last edited:
I am so Ṭ̷Ř̥̤̤̻̥̥ͧ̏ͦ̋͑͡Ɨ̘͉̲̯̹͔̿ͯͦ͋͂͡Ǥ̸̷͈͇͉̟̫͚͖͉̼̰̱̩͔̙̖̱̌͑ͥ̐ͤͧ̂͌̃ͬ͟͜ͅĠ̟͓͇̺̭̮̇̄̍̃ͬͣ͂ͪ̽̃̀͜Ɇ̛ͦ̄̓ͪ̇̌̄̒̊̓̾̐͒͋ͭ̀͗̚͝҉̧͙͍̦̣̤͇͓͙̲͍̪̤̻͢ͅṜ͓̠̘̥̼̈́̌ͬ͜ͅḚ̬̯͎͉̙̉ͧ͆̕Ƌ̶ . so ****ing Ṭ̷Ř̥̤̤̻̥̥ͧ̏ͦ̋͑͡Ɨ̘͉̲̯̹͔̿ͯͦ͋͂͡Ǥ̸̷͈͇͉̟̫͚͖͉̼̰̱̩͔̙̖̱̌͑ͥ̐ͤͧ̂͌̃ͬ͟͜ͅĠ̟͓͇̺̭̮̇̄̍̃ͬͣ͂ͪ̽̃̀͜Ɇ̛ͦ̄̓ͪ̇̌̄̒̊̓̾̐͒͋ͭ̀͗̚͝҉̧͙͍̦̣̤͇͓͙̲͍̪̤̻͢ͅṜ͓̠̘̥̼̈́̌ͬ͜ͅḚ̬̯͎͉̙̉ͧ͆̕Ƌ̶ . why do you have to do this to me.

another one dear god why

I am so Ṭ̷Ř̥̤̤̻̥̥ͧ̏ͦ̋͑͡Ɨ̘͉̲̯̹͔̿ͯͦ͋͂͡Ǥ̸̷͈͇͉̟̫͚͖͉̼̰̱̩͔̙̖̱̌͑ͥ̐ͤͧ̂͌̃ͬ͟͜ͅĠ̟͓͇̺̭̮̇̄̍̃ͬͣ͂ͪ̽̃̀͜Ɇ̛ͦ̄̓ͪ̇̌̄̒̊̓̾̐͒͋ͭ̀͗̚͝҉̧͙͍̦̣̤͇͓͙̲͍̪̤̻͢ͅṜ͓̠̘̥̼̈́̌ͬ͜ͅḚ̬̯͎͉̙̉ͧ͆̕Ƌ̶ . so ****ing Ṭ̷Ř̥̤̤̻̥̥ͧ̏ͦ̋͑͡Ɨ̘͉̲̯̹͔̿ͯͦ͋͂͡Ǥ̸̷͈͇͉̟̫͚͖͉̼̰̱̩͔̙̖̱̌͑ͥ̐ͤͧ̂͌̃ͬ͟͜ͅĠ̟͓͇̺̭̮̇̄̍̃ͬͣ͂ͪ̽̃̀͜Ɇ̛ͦ̄̓ͪ̇̌̄̒̊̓̾̐͒͋ͭ̀͗̚͝҉̧͙͍̦̣̤͇͓͙̲͍̪̤̻͢ͅṜ͓̠̘̥̼̈́̌ͬ͜ͅḚ̬̯͎͉̙̉ͧ͆̕Ƌ̶ . why do you have to do this to me.

another one dear god why

If you take "Trump sucks" out of your user title, maybe that would help!

Well, no and I'm a woman who would actually would really like a female president, but not one like Hillary. Give me a female version of Bernie and I would be all over that.

Well, no and I'm a woman who would actually would really like a female president, but not one like Hillary. Give me a female version of Bernie and I would be all over that.

I voted for Bernie because I don't like some of the stuff Hillary Clinton has done, but at least Bernie had the decency to treat her as a worthy political opponent and not try to resort to blatant sexist tactics like Trump. It is worth noting that Hillary never ran a negative ad against Bernie and was soft on him during the debates probably because she was afraid people thinking of her as a ***** if she went negative on Bernie. Bernie on the other hand was not afraid to hit Clinton hard on issues, and he was still able to come across as likable. Even for me, there may have been some implicit bias when I voted for Bernie over Hillary, because her positives really do mostly outweigh her negatives as a candidate. Bernie was nowhere near as strong as her when it came to giving specifics and talking about foreign policy, but for some reason I just liked the guy better than Hillary even though most of his plans weren't really realistic. But there is no comparison when it comes to Trump, and that's why Bernie was quick to endorse Hillary Clinton because he knows this election is a referendum on whether our country respects women or not.

Yeah, somehow I don't think you know what you're talking about

What I'm trying to say is that it's a little funny that you complain about political threads whenever they pop up, but you seem to care just as much about it as anybody else.

Anyway, no. Hilary has done a lot of very awful things, and they are specific things I can actually say, such as sabotaging Bernie's campaign. She also used her authority as secretary of state to funnel hundreds of millions of dollars from foreign contributors into her foundation in exchange for political favours.

And that's without going into how many things she's changed her mind about since running for president, such as condemning same-sex marriage.

Sure, but I think it gives her an advantage too. Potentially becoming the first woman president gives her all kinds of extra attention. People have assumed I MUST be voting for her because I'm a woman so I obviously HAVE to support her. Nah.

I think so because in American society, women and men are treated differently. Some People suggest that men and women are "separate but equal" but separation is inherently unequal. I do agree that Hillary was accused of things that a man would not be accused of if he was in the same situation. I do think that she was in the wrong but I blame society for blaming the women and rarely ever the man. I am a female but I don't support Hillary and I hate all of the super radical feminist man haters that say that any women that doesn't support Hillary is not a true women. I want those people to disappear forever because they don't need to be on this earth and they are the people that give feminism a bad reputation. However, just because I don't support Hillary, doesn't mean I support Trump. I don't like donald trump and I disagree with his beliefs and I think that he isn't a good person. I don't support Hillary because I don't agree with all of her policies and I do not trust her as a leader.

I did an experiment on Tortimer's island (of all places I know) to see how many people hate Hillary. I knew it was going to be tough when I went to the island dressed up as Hillary and a guy on there says,'Hillary is a piece of ****.'

I did an experiment on Tortimer's island (of all places I know) to see how many people hate Hillary. I knew it was going to be tough when I went to the island dressed up as Hillary and a guy on there says,'Hillary is a piece of ****.'

Can you post a picture of your Hillary outfit?

Back