• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Is it just my eyes or am I seeing double?

Cazqui

∀З⊥əʁ
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4001-9803-5434
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Whenever I turn on 3D on my 3ds I see 2 reflections of everything even if i angle the screen correctly. Does this happen to anyone else or do you normally play without 3D on? Cuz on Super Mario 3D Land this doesn't really happen unless I change the depth of the 3D.

I see it too. It goes away once I distance my eyes from the 3DS screen. Maybe like 30cm or so.

I usually play with 3D off. But when I do turn 3D on, it works just fine as long as I hold it at the right distance

I see double when I turn the 3D on myself. Even when I try to hold the 3DS at the right distance it doesn't always work properly... Hurts the eyes after awhile trying. Knowing that and having played all the other games without 3D effects I'd much prefer it off 'cause that's how I'm used to seeing this series played.

It's a little odd with this game but it seems you need to sit up with it and have it at a certain distance to make that weird effect go away. The sweet spot is there, just gotta take a minute to find it. ;)

That seems to happen to me most when I'm not looking at the screen correctly. Usually I don't have much of a problem, though, and I play with the 3D full on unless I'm on a car trip and it runs down the battery.

i never have that problem with the 3d even when i have the 3d all the way up (which i do half the time im playing lol)
it all depends on how you hold it and position etc...

You really have to be able to hold it perfectly still at a certain distance the whole time you're playing to not ever see double, which is a fallback of 3D gaming, especially on a handheld. Obviously we're not going to be sitting perfectly still all the time! I often turn down or turn off the 3D after a few hours or so of gaming, depending on how tired my eyes feel. I enjoy it, but sometimes the strain on my eyes makes me more tired than I would be without the 3D.

I have the same problem. I have to hold the DS justtt right if I don't want to see double. So I just turn the 3D off.

The 3d effect just doesn't work for some people's eyes... Think about it, we all have different shaped eyes, in order for the 3d to work for all of us, we would need custom-made screens. <_> I rarely use the 3d on the 3ds because I'm supposed to wear glasses to correct my vision, but mine broke and I don't have the money to replace them so when I look at the screen with 3d on, from any distance/angle, all it does is give me a headache! What I find worse on AC is the lack of anti-aliasing in conjunction with the 3d effect. Talk about headache CITY!

Back