• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is it possible to get region event items for other countries?

JackBeesley

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hope I asked it the right way I mean. For instance I live in Europe so when ACNL comes out here, can I visit someone from Japan, who has the game, and receive event items specifically for that country i.e: Setsubun- Ogre masks?, Kodomo no hi- Newsprint helmet?, etc.

The same also goes for North America, items such as: Earth Day- Cool globe?, Groundhog day- Resetti model?, etc.

Is this possible or are they region locked? Has anyone every tried this with past games?

Yes you can :) That is how it worked in CF as well. The difficult thing may be finding people from those countries to actually wifi with though! That's my only problem with it :/

I think they did this type of region locking to encourage making friends around the world. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but that is the reasoning. You have to go to a Japanese town in order to get the items from a Japanese holiday and so forth.

Technically, we don't know because only the Japanese version has been released. But in the Wii versions of the game, a European version player can visit a Japanese version town on the day of an event and receive a Japanese-exclusive event-exclusive item. Similarly, a European version player can visit a North American town and receive exclusive items.

Would the name of the item be Japanese or translated to your country's language?

It would appear in the language to which you've set your 3DS/Wii. If you are playing a European 3DS/Wii set to French, the item's name (and all other non-player-written text in the game) would show as French.

There is no reason why the games would be locked to where we can't visit other regions towns, other games are able to play with each other and I find it hard to believe they would implement a lock on one specific game.

And jack in past games the item names were translated so again I see no reason why they wouldn't in this game.

It already starts translating it. If you streetpass with a Japanese 3DS that has NL on it with another region 3DS, the game they are playing says: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, not Jump Out or the Japanese characters. There is no reason that the same wouldn't continue to happen when we are able to connect using the internet to other country towns.

The people on these forums who already have AC:NL might be willing to wifi with us so that we can experience these holidays and obtain the items.

i think it will be easy enough for people with the europe version to wifi with people with the na version and vice versa. japanese holidays may be a bit tricky. but i definitely want to experience setsubun just so i can chuck beans at my villagers. do the beans run out at all?

The beans don't run out. I think that south korea is going to be the most difficult to get the items from. Also since some in the EU area are even more region specific I think the spanish, french, and german may be a little difficult for me to find people to wifi with as well.

It's worth mentionning that on Dream Mansion, you can search towns by country, and you're practically bound to see the region-exclusive items. That alone strongly suggests that each version of AC:NL can connect with other regions as well.

For me, this pretty much confirm that you're still able to earn regional-exclusive items.

this is gonna sound like such a noob question but are the cartridges language specific? like if you had an english eu cartridge would you be able to change it into another language that its translated into for eu?
this might be a silly question to ask now as the game isnt out yet but idk if anyone could answer it from other game experiences? i always thought you had to buy a different cartridge that was translated into that language but idk so im going to shut up now

this is gonna sound like such a noob question but are the cartridges language specific? like if you had an english eu cartridge would you be able to change it into another language that its translated into for eu?
this might be a silly question to ask now as the game isnt out yet but idk if anyone could answer it from other game experiences? i always thought you had to buy a different cartridge that was translated into that language but idk so im going to shut up now

No. The language setting of the 3DS likely determines what language is displayed while playing the game. European cartridges typically have multiple languages on them. So, to change what language you see in the game, you change the 3DS language setting.

does that mean i could get the french and spanish items and such like the 12 grapes?(im from europe anyway)

It seems enough people have the Japanese version and will be getting the US and European versions so those could be covered if people are willing... I'm honestly most worried about the items and events in Korea @-@

that will make the game last a bit longer for me then. i want to experience all the holidays!

Back