• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is it worth buying a 3DSXL for AC;NL

Yuki Nagato

Data Overmind Humanoid
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Pokéball
Cake
I was contemplating on whether or not I should trade in my Flame Red 3DS for an XL. It'd be a lot bigger, but I'm wondering, for AC:NL, does it make much of a difference?

Pixelation isn't a problem. It's just if you want to have a bigger screen or not.

I'm not going to (yet) unless they release a good XL here (pikachu or full black) then i'll contemplate.

But the only reason is if you want a bigger screen

i just recently traded in my midnight purple 3ds for a pink XL; purple is my favorite color, but i love the matte finish and pastel pink of the XL. anyway, i miss the purple, but i don't miss the smudges and fingerprints i constantly have on the DS. XL never smudges (for me at least) and the huge screens are really nice, in my opinion. i've seen a few things that i wasn't able to see during gameplay, though my eyes are kind of bad :p
like Jake said, it's really whether or not you want a big screen (and a non-smudge finish), but i personally recommend it :D

I sold my regular 3DS and got an XL for Christmas. I LOVE the giant screen! :D Easier for me to hold, too, I think. Of course, I AM getting old, so I need the larger screen ;)

if i get a chance to might upgrade, love the big screen and i think it make recording the game easy to do at least with my cheap setup for record.

Something to consider is that if you have smaller hands, it might be harder for you to use to XL as opposed to a regular 3DS. I personally haven't had this issue, but I've heard many others stating this issue. Another downside is the lack of color choices at this time, as the US (assuming you're an American) only had two colors readily available (though pink is becoming accessible). The big screen and smudge marks are a plus, as stated. :)

So could you do a system transfer from an old 3DS to a new 3DS? Because now I'm thinking of trading my 3DS for a 3DS XL.

I personally find the screen too big on an XL so I actually prefer my normal 3DS. It really depends on who you ask though @-@

Sunny - Yes. They have a proper transfer thing through options.

I think getting an XL or a regular 3DS would depend on your preferences. . . and pocket size ;)
btw, thanks Jennifer! :)

I got an XL and my boyfriend got a regular 3DS and I have to admit that the screen is a LOT sexier. That said, I wouldn't upgrade if I already had a regular DS but that's just me. I don't think it makes you ENJOY the game more. I still use my DS Lite sometimes and the smaller screen doesn't bother me. I think it just depends on how portable you want it to be. I have to admit that it's hard going without a purse if you want to carry an XL around. I don't understand how people without purses do it.

Believe me.... It's worth it!!! Big screen with a better 3D effect but I didn't like the sound but it was acceptable.

hmmm this is a hard one. I want to get the XL, i have to admit it would be nice having a bigger display, seeing my town and such. But do I want to spend the money.... how much does gamestop give for a 3DS. mine is in good condition and everything .

I don't know too much about the XL but I heard that it has an issue with sound quality from a user on here. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I may trade in my Cosmo Black 3DS if they release the Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS XL they have in Japan here in the US. Other than that, not really wanting to trade in my 3DS because of how nice the finish looks on the black 3DS and how nicely it slips into my pants pocket (Considering how tight the area around my pockets is, this is really nice!)

If you do decide on trading in your nice, sleek, and small 3DS in for a wallet sized piece of plastic like the 3DS XL, I recommend getting it if your the type of person who mostly plays their 3DS at home. Other than that, Stick with your regular 3DS, it is way better and will become a nice collector's item if you have the Aqua Blue version since they may discontinue it here like they did in Japan. :)

I bought the blue/black 3DSXL last September, for New Leaf. I didn't have a 3DS before. In fact, I never had a portable console of any kind before.

I love my 3DS XL. The bigger screen is nice for me, because I am an older woman and my vision isn't as sharp as it was when I was younger. I have medium sized hands and the size is perfect for my hand size.

I have only used it at home, so far. It would be easy to carry in my purse if I wanted to take it with me somewhere. It is a little too big to fit in a normal shirt pocket easily.

In my opinion, it's definitely worth it! If you like playing on big screens that is.
I played wild world on the XL and it looked amazing. I loved playing animal crossing for GameCube and for Wii because the larger screens somehow created a better atmosphere (for me). But what bothered me was that you weren't able to take it with you. So with the XL it is possible now. You see, it really depends on what you like better

If it's worth it to you to have the bigger screen, sure.

I have one of the limited Zelda ones. I like it a lot, so I'm not getting rid of it. Plus the smaller 3DS is easier for me to take on the train and when I travel since it takes up less space in my pocket or bag.

hmmm this is a hard one. I want to get the XL, i have to admit it would be nice having a bigger display, seeing my town and such. But do I want to spend the money.... how much does gamestop give for a 3DS. mine is in good condition and everything .

unfortunately, Gamestop kind of screws everyone out of as much money as they can.
I got (kind of) lucky with my system, and i traded it in for double store credit; they were going to give me $40 for the system, but i got 80 from double event. I had the original box, all of the original AR cards, all of the manuals and original cases, everything. didn't matter at all to them. they would literally not care if you only had the system and the plug. :\

i recently got the pink DS XL (which is already out in NA, by the way!) and it was $199, and came with Nintendogs, so i still had to pay about $120 for it, which sucked because we're kind of hurting for cash right now u_u
if you have the money to spend and you like the smudgeless case and the large screen, i definitely recommend getting an XL. the only issue some have would be carrying it around :3
(sorry for the long rant!)

Back